Last reply 1 year ago
Irrational after little or no sleep?!

Hello, has anyone here ever experienced problems similar to this…..
It seems my problems usually stem from lack of sleep and I act like a complete mental case when tired. Anyone else ever felt like this?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

potter
1 year ago

I don’t get anything done if I don’t get enough sleep and grouchy, I don’t even get dressed. I can go back to sleep easily but I wake up a lot. So I go back to bed after my husband heads off to work. I think getting enough sleep is one of the best treatments for MS and so does my husband. I have one of those sound machines it makes white noise and helps me sleep. I also have the room dark and cool and not watch TV for thirty minutes before bedtime. Potter

katiecog
1 year ago

Thanks @potter, I agree that sleep is the best treatment for MS, think I might invest in a white noise machine….I don’t know if my boyfriend fully understands how important sleep is to be honest.
My GP is on leave at the moment so I went to a different doctor about my sleep&mood the other day, I tend to get worked up when I can’t sleep…..anyway I was told two things by the doctor, one was “many women don’t sleep after having babies and they survive.” Another was “if you were in the trenches at world war you wouldn’t get any sleep either”

stumbler
1 year ago

@katiecog , see if there’s anything useful here:-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/sleep

noelie
1 year ago

@katiecog yes definitely, i’ve been sleep deprived for 2 years, fortunately it has improved overall in the last few months, but i still wake up to go to the bathroom (or am woken up by the 2 yo) and sometimes stay awake for 2 or 3 hours in the middle of the night.

Sleep deprivation is torture, anyone would struggle on not enough sleep. Do you have recurrent sleep problems? Do you have an explanation for it?

Wishing you a good night sleep 🙂

potter
1 year ago

I was having a terrible time sleeping before I bought the white noise machine, I still get up in the middle night twice but I go back to sleep right away. I spent the first week after I got the machine just concentrating on the sounds trying to get my mind entirely focused on the sound, no stray thoughts. After that it was easy to fall asleep and go back to sleep in the middle of the night. Even my husband likes the white noise machine and reminds me to turn it on or take it on a trip. Potter

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

im just slightly grumpy when not slept enough I find it a lot harder to concentrate tho and a few symptoms seem to worsen. Be careful not to get the brown noise and white noise machine mixed up it could be messy night if that’s case.

katiecog
1 year ago

Thanks @stumbler @noelie @potter @doubleo7hud ! This is a very safe place to vent, it’s good to know I’m not the only one with disturbed sleep and up and down like a yo yo. I guess I’ll just have to go with it…. Thanks 🙂

cheshirecat
1 year ago

Yes indeed @katiecog. I sleep 10 hours every night, than go swim for about an hour and after that I take a nap. With this sort of ritual I feel good and have a normal day. If something spoils my night sleep or my nap, it ruins my day. I have fatigue (of course…) and really need these hours of sleep. If I don’t have them it is very hard to do anything, like hanging clothes from the washing machine, for example, or dinner, or…. anything! And yes, I feel irritated and sort of irrational.

Hope you’ll have a nice rest! xx

katiecog
1 year ago

Thank you @cheshirecat you’ve made me feel better about myself. I like the sound of your routine, might copy it 😉

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.