hollylb10 25/04/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Invisible tremors

Can anyone please help me describe what I am feeling? I have pain in the lower back that is something I have had before with strange leg sensations. I am basically experiencing a tremor feeling in my nerves down my legs. This is invisible, but when I look for info on tremors this seems to be a visible shaking. So I don’t know how to explain it or what it might be called?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@hollylb10 , if the definition of Tremors doesn’t quite fit, have alook at this definition of “spasms”:-

http://www.mstrust.org.uk/atoz/spasm.jsp

Would that describe your symptoms?

hollylb10
3 years ago

Thank you, but I don’t think it does! My neuro called it dysesthetic leg pain, but it is not painful just bloody annoying!

stumbler
3 years ago

@hollylb10 , and here’s a definition of dysaesthesia for you :-

http://www.mstrust.org.uk/atoz/dysaesthesia.jsp

😉

hollylb10
3 years ago

Ok maybe that does describe it, my nerves are that sensitive that even the vibrations through the floor make my legs feel uncomfortable. I have now had 3 relapses in 12 months, the last two being close together 🙁 I hope I do not have to wait long to get see at the clinic!

stumbler
3 years ago

@hollylb10 , there are medications that can help with this type of discomfort. The usual medications are Gabapentin or pregabelen, but you may be offered Amitriptyline or Nortriptyline too.

You could try having a word with your GP and ask whether they can prescribe something for neuropathic pain. It’s a shame your Neuro didn’t take the initiative when he told you it was Dysaesthesia and arrange for some relief to be prescribed.

If your GP is not happy to make a decision on a prescription, you may have to ask them to refer to your Neurologist for advice. 😉

reddivine
3 years ago

Its a kind of over sensitivity of the nerves in the leg. I have this the 2nd year I had MS. i was at uni and in one particular room….every time folks dropped their bags on the floor, it was like vibrations i could feel….well wierd!!

hollylb10
3 years ago

Yes that is what I get, vibrations! They can be caused by anything from movement to touch!

krisp
3 years ago

Hi @hollylb10 for some reason I can’t reply
Have your tried magnesium and or soda water for this?

reddivine
3 years ago

@krisp, it won’t help what you eat or drink. If its like I had its the nerves in the leg are suoer sensitive, the skin is feeling everything like 400%. Whether its the leg or the messages the brain is getting i can’t say, not an expert.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.