joybee 30/11/17
Last reply 3 months ago
Introducing Joybee

Hi all, I’m new to, but not new to MS. I was diagnosed with RRMS in 2009. I am disabled and use a mobility scooter to get around. I can take a few steps with the assistance of a walker and need to hold on to something inorder to stand b/c of balance problems. I don’t ‘work’ but my job is to try and stay as healthy as I can. I swim about 5 days a week for 30 minutes. I love the way sun, water, and exercise make me feel. I also enjoy cooking and baking. I try to be as active as I can without overdoing it. I am married with no children and am lucky to live in Hawaii (for 7 years now) and not need to work so I can focus on my health.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the โ€˜xโ€™.

3 months ago

Hi @joybee
Welcome to the forum I hope you find whatever goal you might need to search for in here.

Youโ€™re an active lady indeed. Personsly i cant – or maybe im truly lazy – do any of the activities you mentioned above.

be safe

3 months ago

Hi Nutshell, there is plenty I can’t do I just try to focus on what I can do. There are plenty of people without MS who don’t do many of the things I enjoy. I’m sure you’re not lazy we just have different interests. Don’t think I’m always busy/active. I take plenty of naps, rest, and read a lot too.

3 months ago

Hello @joybee and welcome! What an inspiring post! And all that sunshine, lucky you! How does the medical system work in Hawaii? Is there any sort of network for MSers that you have access to? Were you diagnosed before you moved there? So many questions! For the record, London is cold, grey and miserable at the moment. ๐Ÿ™‚

3 months ago

Hiya @joybee, Blimey, good for you gal….its a so different here in Blighty right now….if you can spare a little of sun & get up & go, .could you send some this was please….lol. Well its a really inspiring post, bless you, keep on going joybee….Red

3 months ago

Hi @joybee and a big welcome to our forum. ๐Ÿ™‚

Take care, look after yourself and make the most of your wonderful weather.

Suze xx

3 months ago

Hi @joybee, you lucky lucky woman living in Hawaii. Like you, my balance has gone and my scooter or wheelchair is my way of life as are shelves, furniture, chair backs and door frames – what would we do without them? But life is good, friends are great, and on the whole we are lucky to have all the support available. As others have said….we are heavily into winter and cold weather here in the UK. I’m on the East Coast of East Anglia which is known for its North East wind but it’s one of the sunniest counties. Keep smiling and posting….

3 months ago

Hi @joy bee – fun to hear from someone in Hawaii. I lived there after high school – through college and young adulthood. My parents lived there – we had a sloop at Waikiki Yacht Club – miss it terribly! Swimming is awesome exercise – my sport of choice! Keep on plugging away – glad you joined us.

3 months ago

Thanks for the warm welcome. My mood has definitely lifted since moving here to Hawaii. I don’t drive but I live in the city and can get to just about everything I want/need on my scooter. I’ve never enjoyed winter time and was diagnosed a few years before moving here. The change was great for me. It’s hard not to feel good when the weather is beautiful. However, I feel guilty for staying in when I’m having a bad day and it’s sunny out. The health systems pretty good here but the MS community is small (so it’s nice to have a community here). If anyone wants to lust after the beautiful weather and rainbows here check out my instagram @joyfully83.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.