Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

donavan
1 month ago

Very good article. My question to.y situation is about when my MS started. When I look at fatigue related symptoms I would think my MS started around 5 years ago. If you look at the lesions in the brain there arw few, but the lesion between C2 and C3 is around 16mm. The lumber punch showed no antibodies so I am unsure how long I had MS. I hope I caught it early enough to keep it from progressing too quickly.

dominics
1 month ago

You and me both. It is like walking around with a loaded gun to one’s head.

All we can do is chase the research, exercise, eat properly etc etc. I take the view that I could be hit by a bus so, being a fatalist, it makes it much easier not to worry with what if scenarios. Very liberating.

arknat
1 month ago

donavan
1 month ago

@dominics also decided on not finding out how long I had it for and just to tackle it now and do my best.

rae87
1 month ago

I honestly never thought I’d see the day I’d be praying they tell me is ms. I don’t know how I’m going to cope until I get the results. God knows how long I’ll be waiting.

dominics
1 month ago

@rae87 So I imagine you have had an MRI, a lumbar puncture and have had a whole series of exams from the neurologist.

In that case it is likely to be a few weeks as all the bits need to be brought together to form a conclusive view.

In the meantime there is nothing you can do so don’t beat yourself up. Speak to your GP about issues concerning your feelings as well as timelines. They’ll be able to help.

If you can afford to go private then in MS the only real advantage it buys is shrinking the time for things to happen. You can’t buy better care as the NHS gives the best there is.

Worry about the things you can change. Diet, exercise, talking to family etc. Perhaps focusing on reading the good sitrs, many of which have a ton of good info about newly diagnosed MS.

You are not the first, you are not alone, the nurses know how you feel. Reach out to them and just ask for a chat. They are pretty cool.

Best,
Dominic

nutshell88
1 month ago

Thanks for the article
I’ve had a feeling since diagnosis maybe its nit good to say or maybe its just other hallucination of mine
I felt I would never reach a stage where i lose any of my senses permanently or at least
Maybe because im healthy now i think that…

It never suits me i swear ._. Thats why i try to resist any weakness i feel by distraction and other stuff

nutshell88
1 month ago

I’ll give this post a heart so if i ever reached spms i remember the latest reply and get ny heart broken lol

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.