hollylb10 06/06/15
Last reply 2 years ago
Inappropriate laughing

Hey everyone….so my newest thing is inappropriate laughing and feeling giddy! Some of my friends have said it is great that I appear so happy….but when your talking to your child’s teacher about silly behaviour and you are smirking so much because you are trying not to laugh it does not look good, lol! I feel like telling people its my MS but they wouldn’t understand! Every time I try to talk to my partner I can’t control the laughing ARGHHHH! I now laugh because I am laughing and I can’t control it, lol! Anyone else had the same? 🙂

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

2 years ago

@hollylb10 , look up “emotional lability” – it is an MS symptom. 😉

2 years ago

Ok, not so funny reading the science behind it, lol! The first thing that came up in my google search was MND!

I hope it passes soon! 😉

2 years ago

It’s like everything, once you know it’s name, then you can start to manage it.

Just remember, laughter is the best medicine! 😉

2 years ago

There was that woman at MS Life 2012 doing laughter yoga….I kid you not!

2 years ago

Hi @hollylb10

I am exactly the same. People comment on how much I laugh & how ‘sick’ I am for laughing at the most inappropriate things but I just tell them I’m a very happy person. The more inappropriate the more likely I am to cry with laughter.

Of all the looks & cringeworthy moments I’ve had I wouldn’t change it 🙂

Keep smiling

2 years ago

Well I cant believe as this is a symptom of MS because yes this as happened to me loads of times.my mother in law was telling my wife something sad about her friend and I burst into laughter they both said what are you laughing at I had to make an excuse that I had remembered something its embarrassing and you feel giddy like a teenager. sometimes I feel really happy for no reason. omg I thought it was just me.
I love reading your stories and saying to my self yes iv done that.

2 years ago

Something very similar happened to me! My father in law was talking about his termially ill father and I could not stop laughing. It was terrible I felt awful and its such a sad story!

I also had a week of feeling giddy! Everytime I looked at my partner I felt like a teenage girl around a crush, lol! He got some extra attention that week so was happy, lol!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.