Last reply 1 week ago
In need of some advise

Hello everyone I’m new to this group but unfortunately not new to ms, I got diagnosed at the age of 18 and been living with the condition for 12 years, my son started school last year he’s now in year 1, in the winter months I really struggle getting him to school as a combination of icy surfaces and my unstability walking and I was wondering if anyone knew of any organisations that could help on these days? Unfortunately I can’t work so funds are low to be able to get taxis on a daily basis

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 week ago

Hi @roxanne_ruth and welcome.

I haven’t got any answers for you I’m afraid, but I have the following suggestions :-

1. The MS Society Helpline (0808 800 8000) ;

2. Citizen’s Advice Bureaux (CAB);

3. Your Son’s Headmaster.

This can’t be a new problem to be managed so one of those three should have a view.

Hope this helps.

roxanne_ruth
1 week ago

@stumbler thank you I will give them a try and hope they can help me I really hope they can I don’t want him missing school

vixen
1 week ago

Hello @roxanne_ruth. You could try asking your son’s school to call the local authority for you. Your son has the right to an education. If you aren’t able to get him to school for medical reasons, then it is incumbent on the LA to ensure he is supported to get there. Sorry you’re having to worry about this, but hopefully the school will be a good place to start. X

mamawals
1 week ago

Are there any other parents of school aged children on your street who could walk him with their child?

roxanne_ruth
1 week ago

@vixen @mamawals thank you for your advise I have spoken to the school this morning and they are going to see what they can do to help x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.