lucinda 11/01/15
Last reply 3 years ago
I'm taking a leap!

Hi all of you lovely MSers!

I’ve decided to take a leap of faith and jump out of a plane at 15,000 feet.

I’m raising money for the MS trust.

Any donations would mean a lot and messages would really help. I’ve set the link below.

Thanks everyone

Hoping you’re all doing okish, keep smiling, sending you all love and strength

Lucinda xx

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/chaska

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

Lucy is a dear friend of mine. She’s recently been going through a hard time, participating in a Tecfidera trial.

So, any support you can give her in this venture would be gratefully appreciated by the MS Trust and by Lucy.

Thanks, Stumbler. :mrgreen:

lucinda
3 years ago

Bless you John,

Thanks for your kind words very sweet of you

Lucy xx

jonesbear
3 years ago

Good luck hope everything goes well and you start to feel better.

lucinda
3 years ago

@jonesbear,

Thanks very much for your luck, excited but nervous about flying!

I will find the light at the end of the tunnel, things have to get better.

the-pond
3 years ago

Hey, hope you enjoy it! I did one a couple years ago & absolutely loved it, one of the best things I ever did. I highly recommend forking out for the photos & dvd too. I wasn’t going to as it’s quite pricey, but I’m so glad I got it, as watching it helps bring back the memory of it.

Dan

lucinda
3 years ago

@The Pond,

Hi, I’m definitely going to do the pics and DVD!

I’m looking forward to jumping out into the fluffy white clouds and being a bird for a short while but I am a little scared of heights

the-pond
3 years ago

You might be fine with the height thing. I thought looking over the edge of the plane would be pretty terrifying, but something that surprised me was how un-scary it was. I think it was because the ground was so far away. Being stood on a cliff top, for example, is scary because the ground looks fairly close, and it’s easy for your brain to imagine yourself hitting it. But for the skydive I was 3 miles high, and generally my brain doesn’t think it’s in imminent danger or hitting something 3 miles away, so there’s no need to be scared of it : )

Dan

lucinda
3 years ago

Hi pond,

This dive will be fine I’m sure at the end of the day I’ll jump because I’m doing it for a really amazing charity but I will probably get jelly legs and dead arms when I get to the bottom.

It must be an awesome feeling flying and the views must be pretty good.

Lucinda

cazzzzzy
3 years ago

Hi Lucinda! … Enjoy and best of luck – was one of the best experiences ever!!!

I was on cloud 9 for months after & can’t wait to go again!!! 😀

Good luck, great cause xxx

lucinda
3 years ago

@ Cazzzzy

Thanks so much for your donation, so very kind of you

I believe I will be on cloud 9 too!

I will probably be the same and want to jump again soon after but I think I will try and do something else crazy the next time I raise money

Thanks again

Lucinda xx

cazzzzzy
3 years ago

Hi @lucinda ! … You are very welcome – pleasure to help! … Do keep us posted on how you get on! 🙂

Also yes definitely go for the photos and DVD if you can – the ultimate keepsake! 😉

xxx

lucinda
3 years ago

Hi @cazzzzzy

Definitely doing the film and pics, will post on here!

Nervous & excited all wrapped up in one!

cazzzzzy
3 years ago

Yes I know that feeling – is a real roller-coaster of emotions but all so exhilarating 😉

Enjoy it! – You will love it! 🙂

Where are you jumping from? – We went to somewhere in Oxfordshire, was a beautiful place!

xxx

lucinda
3 years ago

We are jumping from honiton, so lots of greenery!

I’ve seen John’s vid, looks lovely, you jumped the same place and time right?

Can’t wait now!

the-pond
3 years ago

Here’s my video. A little tip you can get from this video is to think of what to say if you’re asked on camera why you’re doing the jump, otherwise you might be put on the spot & end up looking like a bit of a numpty 🙂

Dan

lucinda
3 years ago

@ The Pond,

You are awesome! Mmmm my wording always goes gobblygoop Mmm I will try to plan! x

cazzzzzy
3 years ago

Honiton will be a lovely place to jump @lucinda! 🙂

Yes I did jump the same place and time as John, was a great day! Perfect weather, and everyone working there was brilliant! – I can imagine I’d be really happy jumping out a plane all day and helping people live their dreams – has to be the best job in the world 🙂

Also yes! Great advice from @The Pond ! … I wish I had of thought about what to say! 😉

xxx

lucinda
3 years ago

Hi @cazzzzzy

I think I will stumble on words and forget my words if I tried to think before hand! Mmmm May have to just think on the spot. I think my belly will be rumbling pretty bad at this stage

lucinda
3 years ago

My messages seem to cut out loads when I summit! Grrr!

lucinda
3 years ago

With Spring threatening to arrive, the date of my jump gets ever nearer! 😯

I’d still be grateful of any further donations. All money is going to the MS Trust, a worthwhile cause.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/chaska

Thank you.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.