Last reply 3 weeks ago
ill health retirement – well it’s happen

After 15 1/2 years with my present employer I have taken ill health retirement and my last day will be 25 December. I was employed as a Personal Independence Payment decision maker for the DWP. I took pride in making sure that I took the correct decision on each claim, ensuring that each person got what they were entitled to.

I loved the job

WELL ITS. HAPPENED – TODAYS THE DAY

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 weeks ago

@bullman , all good things come to an end, and not always in the way we wish…..

I’m sure you did a fine job, but why is the outsourced assessment process so divisive?

bullman
3 weeks ago

@stumbler always difficult to ensure that claimant, assessor and decision maker are all singing from the same hymn sheet. That’s why reconsiderations and appeals are there. You are consistently assessed on your decisions as a decision maker.

stumbler
3 weeks ago

@bullman , I doubt that assessors sing hymns. I can’t see them being religious! lol 😉

Have you got any plans for all your free time? You need something to do……..

bullman
3 weeks ago

@stumbler. I am trying to find things to do. I want to keep my mind occupied, but don’t drive and can’t write clearly.

stumbler
3 weeks ago

@bullman , you’re going to miss the social interaction, so don’t cut yourself off.

Volunteering is very rewarding and gives you a sense of purpose.

vixen
3 weeks ago

Hello @bullman, working in public service is most admirable, especially for such a long time. Great too that you were in a service which allows early retirement, that’s a real bonus. New beginnings and new directions now……

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.