Last reply 1 year ago
I want to feel hopefull for my family

I feel lost. numb left leg, fuzzy head, saying wrong word. not myself..help me please

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

simone2
1 year ago

Have you just been diagnosed?when I was diagnosed 5 years ago my husband brought a book by Judy Graham MS Naturally it gave me hope and still helps, there is lots of great advice about diet and exercise with stories from other people with ms and what helps them, I hope you find something to help you.

stumbler
1 year ago

red-suzuki
1 year ago

Well all I can say @iforgot , is I have quite a few pads & pens scattered around, cause well as I can’t find the right word for something at the time, mostly it comes back at some point, so I write it down if I can….things are progressing at a real pace, leggies, back etc… wise…..for me & head is so cloudy at times too….weather conditions, I hope…..so simplifying things like writing stuff down, keeping on top of things one step & hour or day at a time, lets me get through the day…..not 100% possible at times, I know & not sure if its for everyone & their circumstances……..anyway keep the faith, & stay strong @iforgot

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

It’s the insert word here game I love it just add the first word that comes into your canister and make a game out of it jobs a good en no worrys it’s fun you might get a few chuckles too.

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

Ps make your family proud and crack on 👍

red-suzuki
1 year ago

I think the Hud is so right….For your own sanity if its possible find the right folk & play ‘guess the word game’….personally I use it all the time, try as I might to get the right words out, I now have very close folks filling in the word or phrase gaps & when I invent an approximate phrase or word they play along….its not great at times I know, cause you are the one left seaching words you’ve known for years, but can’t grasp it but its a mechanism for laughter & your own sanity, being yourself & having a semblance of control….Best sitting down to save the pins collapsing though :-)….

federalist78
1 year ago

It’s an evil disease that plays terrible head games with its victims. I generally just point out to people, “oh, there’s my silly disease again.” We generally chuckle, but I find it helps illustrate to people what I’m going through. If we don’t gently and appropriately point out our suffering, people, especially our loved ones, might not realize the struggle. It’s okay to struggle. It’s not okay for us to feel we have to hide our struggles & pain. Be as tenacious as you would want your children to be if they had MS. Because that’s what they want for you…

tracyd
1 year ago

@iforgot

First things first, you’re in Reading …. your local MS Therapy Centre is just off the Oxford Road on August End. BMSTC offers Oxygen Therapy both under pressure and at normal atmosphere. This helps ENORMOUSLY for me with Brain Fog (or Soup Head as I call it)

You have a friend request, I’m happy to share contact details or just come for coffee since I live Just over J11 of the M4.

If you’re going to get diagnosed with this shitty nonsense, you’ve done it at an awesome time, you can fight back and protect yourself and your future xxxxx

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.