Last reply 1 month ago
I have MS but it won't slow me down.

Hello there, everyone. My name is Spectra, I am 21 years old and I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis on February 23rd of 2018. I’ll be honest, this news kind of confused me and scared me because I thought multiple sclerosis was a fatal disease. It turns out it wasn’t but it can slow you down. Ever since I received this news, I started exercising more and eating healthier. I try to take 1-mile walks once a day depending on the weather. My mom is the one who reminds me to go on walks and even will walk with me. She is my caretaker and I couldn’t ask for a better one. She told me about this phrase. ” I have MS but MS does not have me.” These words stuck to me. I am not going to let this disease slow me down. Of course, I’ve had to take it easy with some things but I’m still back to doing what I used to but with more adjustments to my everyday life. Like my mother told me, I have MS but MS does not have me.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 month ago

Hi @solum_spectra and welcome.

Live healthy – tick;
Eat healthy – tick;
Just avoid stress and you’re good to go.

Mum’s always right, eh?

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.