Last reply 2 months ago
I hate ms

I’m new to shift.ms I want to say hello I’m in oxford is anyone else near by. I think ms is a cruel disease I’m having a few problems with swallowing has anyone else had this

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

vixen
2 months ago

Hello @deardevil3, big welcome to Shift. I, too, hate MS with a vengeance! But getting on its life regardless. If you look at the map function above you will see that there are others in your locale. All the best 🙂

stumbler
2 months ago

Hi @deardevil3 and welcome.

You can also search for other Forum members by using the search function (magnifying glass, top left) and selecting “Search Members”. 😉

stumbler
2 months ago

There’s information about Dysphagia here :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/swallowing

grandma
2 months ago

Hi deardevil, and welcome. I’m oneof the old codgers, had the beast for 25 years, still here, still fighting. Keep your chin up, keep posting, and Stumbler caget the answer to any question you may have,and don’t forget, with ms there us no such thingas a silly question.😍

rotherhamdave
2 months ago

Whoever loves it wants shooting 🙄🔫

peterfrancis
2 months ago

@deardevil3

I regularly have trouble swallowing both food and drink.
The trick is to have food in smaller bite size pieces and make sure you chew it thorougly before attempting to swallow. Ensure that you tuck your chin into your neck when swallowing, goes down easier that way.

Same thing with drink too, small sips, use a straw and tuck in your chin.

nutshell88
2 months ago

Its not easy to deal with indeed
And not just that and it needs immune suppressor for the rest of our lives so in the end of our days we feel like 50% handicapped 50% aids like patients
Not complaining but i feel it crueler when i think about it this way
No where out these treatments and no where out MS
I’ll be like those who had been looking for other option than these treatments and died disabled with no answer probably lol

deardevil3
2 months ago

Hi everyone thank your for your support Nice to know I’m not the only one that’s hates it lol I’ve had a video X-ray do e seeing good the nurse to discuss the results in a week so have to see what she says. Has any tried the cod oil canabs oil I think it helps what’s your thoughts .?😀

stumbler
2 months ago

@deardevil3 , there’s been a few posts about CBD oil. Use the Forum Search Function (magnifying glass, top left) and search for “CBD” to locate them.

rachaellouise
2 months ago

@deardevil3
Your not alone so do I !

X

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.