6 years ago
i am scared

it scares me to have an attack while my baby is just one. I have no family around & my husband work overseas. my worst fear is going to the hospital??? I had an balance attack in the past 2 weeks i didnt even go to the gp as i dont want to go to er. will they take my baby away cos i have ms?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

No one can take your baby away because of your MS. If I were you I would discuss your fears with your GP now, not wait for things to go wrong. You should also ask for a social services assessment as if you need help to care for your child due to your disability then you should think about discussing this now rather than waiting until you are in an urgent situation. We all need back up plans and you need to know what would happen in an emergency rather than be worrying about it.

hey honey,
please dont worry stress and anxiety will only make things worse, you really need to speak to someone… maybe your health visitor? they can refer you to social services who can do an assessment for your needs and you most definantly will get help,&noone will take your baby away they can only do that if u deliberately put your baby to harm.I got 2 children aged 1 and 4,I have help from my husband yet it still isnt enough at times when Im very tired and hes at work,ive had an assessment from social services and in process of getting help.just speak to someone understanding like ur health visitor or maybe ms nurse who can refer u and support u.
trust me you’ll feel alot safer and happier

Please try not to worry so much. Bit of advice my sister gave me, myself and my partner are trying for a family, like your husband he works overseas. She said don’t be proud and take any help that you get offered. As Neil said better to ask earlier than wait ’till urgent.

I guess you all have a point. I spoke to my GP and all she suggested is to talk to a therapist and she ordered few blood tests. I have a consultant oppointment next week after waiting for almost 8 months !!! and i will discuss it with him.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.