Last reply 6 days ago
How long before Mavenclad taked affect

Hi to all with knowledge and/or experience with Mavenclad.

Can anyone please tell me when I should, see, feel the affects of MC taking affect.

I’ve had to take time off work as now being 10 weeks without Tysabri and am wondering when I should be back to the state I was in before coming off Ty.

Thank you,

dvtrv

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 weeks ago

@dvtrv , there’s this recent post on the subject :-

https://shift.ms/forums/topic/cladribine-side-effects-2

Perhaps @chezy17 can add some more detail of her experience. 🙂

chezy17
2 weeks ago

Hi.

I don’t know how long it will be before I know if it’s working, I guess if I relapse, then I would know. They say that most who take it don’t relapse for a few years, but I guess it’s a case of waiting.
The only side affect from taking it was sickness, but eating helped that.

dvtrv
2 weeks ago

@chezy17

Thanks 4 ur msg.

Tablets arrive Tuesday.

I’ll update accordingly

sam10
2 weeks ago

@dvtrv
Hard question. I was on copaxone 2016. I had 3 relapses (mild). I started Mavenclad may 2017. So far so good.

chezy17
2 weeks ago

I was on copaxone, switched to plegridy after site reactions and had a relapse plus the flu…I think cladribine will bw alot better. X

dvtrv
1 week ago

I received my tablets and will be taking Mavenclad as of this afternoon.

Does anyone by chance know if it is or is not recommended to drink alcohol when taking Mavenclad?

stumbler
1 week ago

@dvtrv , standard advice is :-

“In general, drinking alcoholic beverages should be kept to a minimum or avoided completely. You should discuss this with your doctor.”

So, moderation and take care.

dvtrv
1 week ago

@stumbler

Cheers pal, I haven’t been able to handle my Ale for years now so moderation is always the case, when I actually get to go out 😢
🎻

chezy17
1 week ago

I didn’t drink with mine, I waited till I finished the course of tablets but that was because it made me feel sick. I do like my alcohol, like to chill with a glass of red in the evening.

One thing I’ve noticed is that my immune system is on the spritz, I’ve caught a sick bug, a cold and now an ear infection in the space of 3 weeks. I know it does drop your immune system a little, although I work in a school so surrounded by lots of germs 😂😂!

mmhhpp
1 week ago

@dvtrv
I started cladribine injection in may and it was about September when ms slowed down. I am spms still some activity. I was really going down rapidly 2 years before . cladribine has definitely slowed it down .

dvtrv
1 week ago

@chezy17

Thank you good to know.

I’m not feeling nauseous at all but probably best I do as u said n hold off before having a drink.

dvtrv
1 week ago

Hi @momoftwo,

Have got any further with regards Mavenclad?

I started on Tuesday after being on Tysabri for 7 years.

Took two tabs Tuesday, one yesterday and 1 today.

Too soon to report on effectiveness but I can say not side affects visible or noticeable as of yet.

I’ll be updating as have already on here

dvtrv
1 week ago

Have you…..

dvtrv
6 days ago

Update for those interested;

First week on Mavenclad and all’s well.

The end.

I start again right at the start of the New Year.

Stay tuned people.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.