marcyg921 10/04/18
Last reply 2 weeks ago
How far I've come since my diagnosis

Hey guys I hope you are all doing well

Anyway the reason for this topic is I’ve just wanted to tell you all just how far I’ve managed to come when it comes to the symptoms I had with MS and how I’ve managed them.
So in 2016/2017 I was:
Limping
Left hand was so bad I couldn’t lift a plate without it itching like crazy or clawing up
Left side of my body was completely numb
I was having a day of depression about once a week
My anxiety was so bad I was scared of going to cinemas by myself
I felt like I couldn’t walk to the town anymore
Needed help getting down just 1 step and I couldn’t use escalators

Now in 2018:
I haven’t limped in over a year
My left hand is fully useable and no longer itches and I can use it with very little problems at work
Numbness from my left side went away and never returned
Haven’t had a day of depression since November
I feel confident enough to go back to events and even looking to do events out of city by myself
I can walk to town with no problems (probably even further)
I can go up and down stairs with very little help and a few days ago I FINALLY managed to go down escalators again, something I hadn’t done in over 2 years (though I do still get nervous but I’ll get there)

Now Lemtrada did help massively but it’s because I never gave up in trying to rebuild myself. I was very stubborn with the whole thing but I realise these days just how much easier it is to manage this condition when you actually ask for help instead of being stubborn like me and thinking you can fight it by yourself. I have also cut down my days at work, obviously this wasn’t something I ever wanted to do but again, that break in the middle of the week really helps relieve all the stress and I’m in no hurry to go back to working my full hours again.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

annie13
2 weeks ago

Wow, well done you! Delighted that you feel so well. Hope it lasts a very long time.

joanne46
2 weeks ago

Hi @marcyg921
That’s fantastic and so inspirational! I can relate to so much of what you have written especially the anxiety etc when you’re newly diagnosed…I’m so glad you’ve managed to adapt and regain your life xx

stumbler
2 weeks ago

@marcyg921 , happy days. 😀

caseyxo
2 weeks ago

@marcyg921 Great news ! There is hope 🙂

vixen
2 weeks ago

Hello @marcyg921, what a lovely post! Shows that no matter what your age, stage and situation, there’s always room for a mental, emotional and physical rebuild. Nice work!

rachaellouise
2 weeks ago

@marcyg921

Proud of you ! Well done for all your efforts …. keep trying and fighting thats the spirit 😊
Sure your story gives comfort and hope to many others including myself.

😊🌈

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.