Last reply 3 years ago
Holiday sunshine

Hi guys I have just been for my first abroad holiday in ten years (our choice – not because of anything other than family and pets), and feel less stressed, anxious etc, BUT I feel wiped out.

We walked a bit (we were in Italy in the Dolomites) and the higher altitude didnt affect me at all, in fact I felt better. The sunshine was lovely and the warmth brilliant.

Since getting home though, I am tired, feel exhausted and need to push myself to keep doing the normal every day things needed.

Would you say this is MS related? Or post-holiday issues? Anyone any comments?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

cameron
3 years ago

All sounds very familiar! Now I’m retired, I go away a lot and there’s always a post-holiday recuperation period. I’m just back from nine days’ touring (I did all the driving) and sightseeing and I reckon it’ll take me a week to get over it, maybe more. Long flights really do me in – last one took me three weeks to recoup function. Still like the holidays, though! All worth it. xx

katfight
3 years ago

@tiggermum maybe you overdid stuff a little or maybe it’s just holiday blues, or maybe comin back to the colder air here.. you never know just try take it easy x

graham100
3 years ago

Iv been Marbella twice this year, first time 2.5hr delay on way home Malaga airport hot, killed me that was may, haven’t worked since, can’t drive as right leg asleep, went again been back 2 weeks, was even hotter than may. 36c but feel no worse,, so who knows, can’t stop doing things, might as well give up,, day by day enjoy.

Anonymous
3 years ago

I feel this from coming back from a warm country normally after 2 weeks. I like the sun more than a lot of other m.s sufferers do, so believe this to be a short lived boost for myself, but what a boost.

tabbycat
3 years ago

Sunshine makes you happy, hot temperatures may not. You can get the benefits of sunshine in loads of places in Northern Europe without long plane rides and debilitating high temperatures – just do some research on the web and keep traveling in comfort.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.