scarletmartina7 24/03/13
Last reply 4 years ago

hiya i’m going on holiday end of april. I havnt started and medication yet but will I need health insurance or any thing. and is there anything I should be worried about ? or be carefulof? I’m going to Spain xx thanks guys. I really need this holiday just worried

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

4 years ago

I am looking into travel insurance for when i come back to the UK for a holiday in July. I was told about this company:

4 years ago

@scarletmartina7, just because you’ve got MS and you’re on medications doesn’t stop you from enjoying a holiday in the sun.
Holiday Insurance is important to cover all manner of mishaps, in addition to your health.
You will have to declare your MS as a pre-existing condition, which may increase the insurance cost a bit, but shop around.
Also, make sure you have a current European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). You can apply or renew online here:-

4 years ago

Apart from the EHIC and checking through whichever policy you have you should be fine.

I would obtain a ‘fit to fly’ letter from your consultant or GP to add to documents with maybe a copy of a brief med history, and current medications.

Keep your documents in your HAND LUGGAGE alongside your medications:)
Check your passport is up to date 🙂

KEEP a photocopy of ALL of your documents, EHIC, Passport, Med History, Medications
List, and Fit to fly in your MAIN luggage as well.

Do the above and you’ve really got all things covered and there should be no worries at all:)

Where are you going in Spain ?

I’ve used Tesco Travel insurance, fine for pre existing conditions before as well as in the past year.

You MUST have your EHIC to receive treatment in Spain if you should need it:)

4 years ago

All very valid advice from jman. I know, I was there! You can book assisted passage at airports. Especially helpful if you’ve a stick or wheelchair AND 2 suitcases! Gatwick (for instance) loaded me, jman, and all of the above on those buggys & whizzed us thru the queues. There is MILES of walking at airports, so do not be afraid to ask.
But ask NOW, not when you book in. Health insurance covers not only you but also your luggage.

4 years ago

Sound advice from @reddivine too.. The assisted travel makes a LOT of difference, and thankfully does NOT cost extra on top of your journey, and was extremely helpful for making our journey easier at the rather early hour we were flying:)
And allow plenty of time at the airport etc:)
Your travel agent should be able to book this for you, or each airport has its own contact for instance Gatwick.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.