Last reply 3 months ago
Hi tough topic :(

I’m new, as you all are likely aware. I’ve got R/R and have been doing ok, but recently did Lemtrada (in February). That went well. Yesterday (May 4), I started having pee problems. I’m sort of freaking out, because it’s going on more than 24 hours. I have the urgency to pee – no warning – then if I don’t hit a toilet within a few min, I dribble. When i do make the bog, there’s a sad trickle. šŸ™ How can I live this way?! Anyone?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ā€˜xā€™.

stumbler
3 months ago

Hi @kermujin and welcome.

Has your MS caused you bladder problems pre-Lemtrada?

It could be a bladder infection, as you will be susceptible to infections. Get your Doctor to test a sample. If it’s clear, then request a referral to a Urologist, to understand what’s going on.

There are various solutions, dependent on what the problem is.

This is not the end of the world for you. šŸ˜‰

merfield
3 months ago

Likewise, @kermujin, I just head for the loo double quick – not alway successful but mostly….. But @stumbler is right -get it checked. xx

potter
3 months ago

When I was first diagnosed I had one bladder infection after another, my bladder was not emptying well enough. I read a interview in a MS magazine with a urologist, he said to take a 1000mg Vit C at bed time and that will burn away bacteria while you sleep. I take 500mg Vit C every night the 1000mg was to strong for me, I haven’t had a bladder infection for eleven years. Potter

kermujin
3 months ago

You folks are awesome! I’m a pretty calm person but I went into panic mode. Bladder infection…<smacks forehead>. I’ll get it checked, and do the C thing too; great tip. I’ve never had a BI in my life, so didn’t even consider the idea. šŸ™‚ Thanks so much! Otherwise, the Lemtrada was pretty darn smooth sailing, and it’s been a couple months, so naturally I’d decided that everything was back to ‘normal’… šŸ˜€

kermujin
3 months ago

Like I said, you’re all awesome! I went to see my doc today and yep, it’s a bladder infection. Should be smoothed out in a couple of days. Thanks for the help! šŸ™‚

staying-connected
3 months ago

@kermujin Iā€™m glad to hear you are on road to recovery šŸ™‚ @potter that vitamin C advice was great! I am going to note that one down; And shall spread the word to all (non-msers included).

stumbler
3 months ago

@kermujin , I’m glad the problem has been identified and now you can get it fixed. šŸ˜‰

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.