Last reply 3 weeks ago
Hi people

Hi there, have recently joined the group. My name’s Julie I live in Clacton on sea with my 2 grown up boys. No stranger to MS, was diagnosed in 1989 with Secondary Progressive & would be nice to chat to other people. Take care ๐Ÿ˜€

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the โ€˜xโ€™.

vixen
3 weeks ago

Hello @queenjc6552, wow, dx 30 years, you must have seen the MS landscape change somewhat! There are lots of newly diagnosed on here so itโ€™s always great for a dab-hand to chip in with the voice of experience! I hope your two grown boys give you lots of treats in sunny Clayton, or is it as miserable as everywhere else in the U.K. today?

peterfrancis
3 weeks ago

@queenjc6552

Hi Julie

I also have Secondary Progressive MS, was Diagnosed in October last year.

It has been a distressing and confusing time for myself all in all, coming to terms with it all and trying to take on board what info and advice I can get.

Welcome aboard Julie.

queenjc6552
3 weeks ago

Hi there Vixen, yeah can’t believe has been 30 years nearly now, but luckily for me do have 2 amazing boys well men now lol that look after me & the home so well. Yeah your right the weather terrible here today too. mind you don’t know about you but that hot weather was difficult to cope with. How’s things with you? Is very scarey I think when just diagnosed but one think I can say it progresses very slowly with most people.

stumbler
3 weeks ago

Hi @queenjc6552 and welcome.

There’s a fair few of us here with SPMS . You can check our map (https://shift.ms/map) to see if there are members in your locality.

I have fond memories of Clacton from more years ago that I care to remember!

queenjc6552
3 weeks ago

Hi there Peter, how are you coping with your MS? When I was first diagnosed had pins & needles in my little finger which then spread to other fingers, had no idea it was MS had never even heard of it then lol. Luckily now more information about it & the internet helps too. Thanx for the welcome ๐Ÿ˜€

queenjc6552
3 weeks ago

Hi Stumbler,
Thanx for the welcome, will have a look at that map. Yeah is nice living here, just had the Airshow recently is a good day out & very accessible for disabled, you see lots of mobility scooters here ๐Ÿ˜€

peterfrancis
3 weeks ago

@queenjc6552

I’m coping ok I guess, just a huge change in lifestyle and a massive change in general really.
Not that I was the most active type of person or anything but, I do miss just simply being able to walk to the shop or walk in to town, the simple things you know..

grandma
3 weeks ago

Hi Julie,Jill here, had the beast nearly as long as you, 26 years in my case, buth so many things ‘fell into place’ when I was dxd. On the original trial for BetaInferon, took Avonex for23 years, Jan this yr got changed to Tecfidera cos they think it has now econe spms. But not complaining, have daughter who’s 39! and grandaughter of 14, hence the nane. Nice to talk to soneone else in roughly the same position๐Ÿ˜

queenjc6552
3 weeks ago

Hi there Jill, wow you’ve had nearly as long as me ๐Ÿ˜€ I was on Betainferon too many years ago. Was on Rebif but didn’t really help me much as was secondary progressive from the start. That’s cool you have a daughter & granddaughter, I have 2 grown up boys 26 & 28 but no grandchildren yet. Yes is lovely talking to you too

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.