Last reply 1 week ago
Hi everyone! Need Advice

It’s been a while since posted here. I have been so busy with school and work that I haven’t had any time to myself. I have been feeling really down and I do not always know why. It is hard because I do not always feel like I have the support I should have. My mother has had MS since I was about 16 years old and I feel like I am just complaining if I talk to her because she is currently bed bound. My sister, on the other hand, has her own issues that she has to deal with when it comes to my niece and I always feel like it makes no sense to talk to her about how I am feeling because she always thinks I am overreacting. She’s very emotionless and it doesn’t always help when I have a mood swing randomly, it’s like she outs fuel to the fire. I really don’t have many friends just work associates but, I can’t really talk to anyone about this. The little friends I do have, don’t get it. They say they do but, I know they don’t. I don’t know what to do anymore. I wish to have a sense of peace but, I feel lost in my situation….

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 week ago

@jenniferdiaz1188 , it is a common problem that no-one close to us can really understand and appreciate what we have to live with.

The Forum membership may not be your friends in the usual sense of the term, but we do understand and can empathise. So, you can always let us know of your specific problems. Even have a shout and moan about it. We’ll understand why you do that too.

Just writing down the problems will be therapeutic for you………

sam10
1 week ago

You have lots of friends here who listen to you and understand.
Take care of yourself

vixen
1 week ago

Hello @jenniferdiaz1188, yes, there is a lot about this condition that is silent. Other people often can’t tell the symptoms we are dealing with, or how things affect us. I haven’t told many people really, mainly because I don’t want MS to be the thing
people think about when they think about me. Do you know what I mean?

The truth is, I don’t think I really get it either, so how I expect other people to manage, Id ont know! Writing things down can help, which is what you’ve done today. I think the best areas of development with me since my diagnosis, are the internal ones I’ve made. I’m more aware of what I need to do to make me day go better, rather than focus on the more outward things I can’t control. As said above, at least you know you have a community of comrades here who really do get it….x

potter
1 week ago

I think most of us feel the same as you, MS is a lonely disease. It is even hard for a person with milder MS symptoms to understand what a MSer is going through that has severe symptoms. People without MS can’t have a inkling how MS is affecting your life. That is why were here, someone on the forum is going through the exact problems you are and understands. I have made several internet buddies that are scattered all over the world through this forum. We are about on the same path with our MS progression, we can empathy with them and encourage each other. You can also rant and rave on the forum and we might just join you. Denice

@vixen I absolutely do understand what you are talking about. It’s gonna be three years and I am still hesitant to tell people. I still feel somewhat ashamed of it. I do not want my identifier to be MS but, I feel like I have no other choice but to accept that it could be. I have knowledge of it because my mother was diagnosed with MS when I was 16 years old. So, honestly, I would expect my sister to understand. But, truthfully, she hasn’t taken the time to understand the disease when my mom was diagnosed, I don’t know what made me think that it would be different with me. Thank you so much! I truly do appreciate your taking the time out to resxpond.

@stumbler thank you so much. You are right! After posting this my heart started to feel less heavy. This website honestly is a huge help and I am so grateful for it. I was watching a bunch of the videos and subscribed to the YouTube channel and all. I cried a lot and went to work with puffy eyes but, it was extremely therapeutic and I needed it for sure.

@sam10 thank you so much, I appreciate that. You are sweet!

@potter Thank you! This forum has been a huge help the past few days.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.