louiseaston 12/03/18
Last reply 3 months ago
Hi

Hi everyone, just joined, am keen to meet others of a like mind in my area which is Derby.
I’m very sociable & am wanting to expand my ‘ms world’ as I call it .. Who’s out there ?
It would be great to be able to make new friends & meet up socially rather than just on line..
Louise 😃

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 months ago

Hi @louiseaston and welcome.

Check out the “Connect” link at the top of the page. There’s also a link there to the Shift Map of member’s locations, which shows those members, who have supplied this information.

bullman
4 months ago

Hi Louise

I live 75 miles away in Leeds so cant help directly. There is an MS branch in Derby and an MS Activity centre.

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/near-me/branches/derby-branch/treatments-and-therapies

They may be useful.

grandma
4 months ago

Hi Louise, am in Stoke, so not too far away. Up until 5 weeks ago could have travelled to you, but mr government has taken my disability car away (after 19 years) so can’t go anywhere now docs, dentist, hospital, shopping let alone to social activities, but we are a wonderful group of people so make friend requests and we can talk all day!

louiseaston
3 months ago

Thank you guys, sorry for late reply 😳. Had checked out the connect button already but thank you. Cheers Stumbler 😊.
Thanks Bullman, yeah I’ve been a member for about 10 years, was looking for something a bit more , I don’t know, ‘up beat’ maybe ☺️
Hey grandma, sorry bout the car situation, that’s crap 😬. I gave up driving last summer but hung onto my van so others could take me places (I use public transport the rest of the time) so could possibly meet at some point ? Stokes only bout 40 mins from me up the A50. I’m not great at ‘on line’ as you may have noticed as you messaged me two weeks ago 😆. But I’ll make a concerted effort.
Thanks all of ya, ll keep in touch 😃 x

grandma
3 months ago

DearLouise, Iive 2 mins drive from A50 but have also just received disabled persons railcard, am trying it out for first time today, going to London to Guys hospital, helped booked at Stoke and Euston, will let you know how it goes😍 Jill

louiseaston
3 months ago

Ohh exciting, hope it all goes well for you all round. I traveled to Portsmouth last summer, Wheelchairservice was brill.. lovely people. Keep me posted Jill 😃, catch u soon x

briant
3 months ago

Morning all louiseaston I live in Swansea I don’t know how far that is from Derby but if your in the area give me a shout

louiseaston
3 months ago

Hey Briant, well it’s not exactly up the road… it’s about 150 miles 😆. But if I’m ever around I’ll drop you a message , thanks ☺️

grandma
3 months ago

Hi Louise, went to London on Wednesday, used help and mobility scooter for first time, train companies were brilliant as was TFL, impressed. Can get train to your beck of the woods, how far are you planning to be from the station?😍 Jill

louiseaston
3 months ago

Hey Jill, so glad it all went well 😊I’m only 6 miles from Station ( may even be able to get a village one from Hatton, will check) but it’s olly fair I meet you half way , not sure where that would be by rail I’ll find out 😊x

grandma
3 months ago

Hi Louise, forgot I’m in Shardlow Marina 16-20 April in Caravan at Singles Carava Group, any closer? No transport but buses are usually ok

louiseaston
3 months ago

Hey Jill, that’s really close, a couple of villages away 😃. When I rock out of my cosy little bed 😴 I will check my calendar.. I’m sure I’d could get over on one of those days… How exciting ☺️, Louise x

andy365
3 months ago

Hi Louise, I live Stonnall which is around 3 miles from Lichfield. Would be good to get a few people to meet up for a coffee once in s while. Hope your keeping well. Andy

louiseaston
3 months ago

Hey Andy, thanks for the message. Yeah it would, I’m hoping to be able to get lifts…. no longer driving but kept my van so, p a’s Friends/ family can take me places that public transport can’t.
Do you meet with a group already ? Louise 😊

grahamjk
3 months ago

Hi @louiseaston I live approx 13 miles from derby a little town called Swadlincote, so if you want to meet up for a coffe/hot chocolate give me a call.
Graham

louiseaston
3 months ago

Hey Greyham, how’s you ? Well Swad isn’t far.. me & my friend could pop over one afternoon, we’re both partial to a good cappuccino ☕️… I can drink a coffee shop dry 😆, Louise

andy365
3 months ago

Hi Louise, I don’t meet up with anyone from this site but I am keen to and I am mobile so can get to you. Looks like you have a few people interested already so let me know if things move forward. Andy

louiseaston
3 months ago

Hey Andy, that sounds like a plan ! If the folks that have already expressed an interest in meeting can all get together on the same day ( & I could even put another message up to see if there’s anyone else interested ) that would be great.
Would Derby or Burton on Trent be too far for you to travel ? I was thinking Jill maybe interested & Greyham.
I know Burton well, & Derby a bit & a few of the accessible decent pubs/ cafes .. what do ya recon ? 🧐, Louise

louiseaston
3 months ago

Hey Jill, hope you’re well. I’ve tried contacting u on the mobile no u gave me as u said u wouldn’t have intent for a wile but no joy getting hold of you. . You must be so busy having a good time u haven’t the chance to check messages 😆😆😆. So I guess we will have to take a rain check & get together another time.
How would u fancy meeting up in a group ? Andy said he would & I have a friend from up the road who’s keen, maybe greyham would like to too ? I’m thinking we could put a shout out on here & see who’s interested ? What do ya recon … feel summers just round the corner 🌞 x

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.