Last reply 1 year ago
Hi

My name is Nikita and I’ve just recently been diagnosed with ms and it’s all very overwhelming for me, I’m a very hard worker and this is the first time in the 10 years I’ve been working that I’ve been off.. starting to go shack whacky I believe but hoping to find some supportive people to talk with that may know how I’m feeling. Thanks 🙂

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Hi Nikita,

I got diagnosed with MS in 2016 as well. Got to tell you, keep your calm. Its all okay 🙂

I too used to work a lot. But since diagnosis, I tend to keep things chilled out. No extra stress. I try to delete all the negative folks around me as they tend to irritate me and coupled with the gifted short temper, things go really crazy.

For sure, I stay away from any kind of fried food, avoid Wheat at all costs. I have seen that rice based diet keeps my symptoms to a minimum. But this is just for me.

My mantra is stay happy at all costs and try your best to stay away from Flu and Cold. It 🙂

stumbler
1 year ago

Hi @nikitadawndelorey and welcome.

It is a shock to the system when our body fails us. Perhaps it’s telling us that there’s more to life than work. After all, work is just a means to an end.

But, @healthymindandsoul is so right that you do need to chill out and de-stress. Use this time, as you are doing, to learn about MS, so that you know how to manage this condition. Don’t just randomly Google, but use reputable sites like the MS Society and MS Trust.

You’ll learn that MS is no longer a disabling condition, but something that medical science is now controlling better than previously.

Thank you both for your input. It’s helps a lot to know there are people around that know what I’m feeling/going through 🙂

colinbannon
1 year ago

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Its tough at the beginning and so much to learn and decide.

I would recommend the “Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis” website (and/or book) to learn a seven step recovery programme which is based on solid, properly reviewed evidence. Just like medical treatment, the sooner the programme starts the better the results. Ive been diagnosed for two years and so far no relapses and I feel really well.

I wish you all the best

pcumin
1 year ago

HI. I was just diagnosed in December 2016. I know just how you are feeling. I’m 63 years old and apparently I’ve had this for a very long time. My most serious problems are a numb and tingling left hand and arm and a head that doesn’t want to settle down. Scares me really bad cause my oldest sister passed away in 2012 of ‘MS generated altimizers. I was her legal guardian and really was close to what went on with her. So when I think of MS that is what I see.
I’m going to start Lemtrada next month if all is approved. i feel this is the best hope for me as I have pretty much stayed in remission for years and now that it is out, due to stress, I feel changes happening daily.
Peggy

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.