Last reply 3 months ago
Hey All

Well, I was diagnosed November 2018. I am so glad that I came upon this site. I needed to hear your sharing and the support. I want as much info I can get. Thank God I have a very strong Faith (believe me I use it now more than ever) I am starting to use recipes from Dr. Terry Wahl, and I continue to exercise (when I can). As scared as I am, I refuse to let this kick my butt. Shout out to the man diagnosed at 50+, I am a 58 yr female.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

edmontonalberta
3 months ago

@ann_florence

Hi Ann & welcome. Hope we can assist. If I may ask a favor, would you please update your profile a wee bit; things like where you live & which type of MS makes it easier for us to respond…

For example I have PPMS & was diagnosed 3 years ago at 59. My experiences & knowledge are different than those diagnosed with a different type of MS. Many things are similar, yet…

Take care of yourself & we’ll chat later.

rivka
3 months ago

@ann_florence, I was diagnosed at 55, join the late bloomers club. Faith is a wonderful support system with any disease, but this one, with all its uncertainties, I have found it certainly helps me. I’m a fan of a high protein low carb diet, which is basically Wahls without the craziness. (Strictly my opinion of the diet). And finally, Staying strong is always the best option!

stumbler
3 months ago

Hi @ann_florence and welcome.

Sharing information and supporting one another is what we do. 😉

jewels_doyle
3 months ago

Hi @ann_florence

Welcome!

vixen
3 months ago

Hello @ann_florence, welcome. I was diagnosed 2 years ago aged 50 and can understand what a shocker it is. You know, just when you think life is sorted……Anyways, I am recovering well from everything, diet, exercise, getting used to weird symptoms. I am now ‘OK’ with it, given there is no choice! Treat yourself kindly, accept all available support, try to eat and sleep well and keep your spirits up! Stress is our enemy, avoid at all costs……x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.