Last reply 8 months ago
Hey ๐Ÿ‘‹

Hello.

I was diagnosed in 2017 & this ms world is still new & scary to me. It would be lovely to meet people who understand the struggles, the highs, the low & the in between of this disease.

Always keeping positive ๐Ÿ’œ

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the โ€˜xโ€™.

vixen
8 months ago

Hello and welcome emily-dx2017. I was diagnosed last year too, itโ€™s been a weird old year, thatโ€™s for sure. Not all bad though, I think if you can manage a positive spin then you can make significant changes and adjustments to your outlook, for the better. But I agree, every day sees new and different highs and lows and a few surprises. Weโ€™re all in it together for support, and that really helps. Enjoy and stay well x

world25
8 months ago

Hi Emily,

I have recently been diganoised in jan 2018, I found it quite hard to start with but feeling positive as I can now but itโ€™s hard for my friends to understand the fatigue especially as im only in my early 20s so I also understand the struggles.

My best advice is to stay positive as you can and try not to think about it too much x

emily-dx2017
8 months ago

Thank you so much for replying & allowing me to know weโ€™re not alone.
Itโ€™s such a hard disease to come to terms with but smiling through helps I feel ๐Ÿ™‚

Xx

grandma
8 months ago

IIIHi Emily, I’m an old codger who has had the beast for 25 years (that I know of but so many things fell into place from the past) was on Beta Inferon for 23 years and gave just moved to Tecfidera a few weeks ago because the ms has just got a lot worse but I’m not complaining, was told when I was dxd that rrms would become 2p in 10-15 years, it took 23 and there was no choice of drugs, but things have moved on in leaps and bounds in the last few years so there is hope! I’m now mostly in a wheelchair but still get around, I have 2 large dogs (Airedales) which are walked on the arms of the wheelchair or the Mobility scooter so there is nothing you can’t do, I still caravan , swim, theatre, go out with friends etc., so don’t despair, sit back, relax (nothing worse for ms than stess) and don’t worry about things you can’t change, change the things you can๐Ÿ˜

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.