Last reply 2 weeks ago
Hello world

Hey everyone,
My name is Chloe and after 6 years I finally decided to join a platform where I can share my thoughts and feelings about MS with other MSers, who understand me best.
I’m looking forward to get to know you.
So… Cheers!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
2 weeks ago

@pulcherrima , Hi Chloe and welcome to our exclusive club.

vixen
2 weeks ago

Hello @pulcherrima, welcome to you, you’ve made a great choice! People here are friendly, open-minded, helpful, sometimes there are strong opinions and there are sometimes controversies but Shift has it all! Lots of experiences and suggestions to share, enjoy and benefit from, so enjoy! X

grandma
2 weeks ago

Hi and welcome, you’ve already met Stumbler, who is the font of all knowledge when our cant talk to your ms nurse. I’m one of the old codgers had the beast for25 years still here, still fighting, still smiling, keep posting and I’m glad you’ve found us.😍

peterfrancis
2 weeks ago

Bonjour, Buongiorno and Hi Chloe…. Welcome aboard.

pulcherrima
2 weeks ago

Well, @stumbler, @vixen, @grandma, @peterfrancis – thank you so much for the warm Welcome! 🙂

edmontonalberta
2 weeks ago

@pulcherrima

Chloe – just dropping by to say Hi? Or is there something specific you are curious about? Or somehow we can assist you…

pulcherrima
2 weeks ago

@edmontonalbert thank you for asking 🙂
It’s a pretty good question that I don’t even know the full answer myself.
If I have questions about the “medical facts” I usually look up studies about it and read and forge my opinion about it.
But I didn’t really realise or kind of accepted, that I sometimes needed to talk to people, those I don’t need to try to describe my symptoms or feelings, because they KNOW just how it is like to live with MS. Think that was due to I’m a person who rather tends to manage things on her own. I often just bottled it up and acted like “oh hey, I’m so fine, everything is great” because I didn’t want my friends and family to worry about me.
Also I would be glad about if I could help someone dealing with new diagnoses or insecurities – the ones who (earlier than me) realised that talking to other MSers is not a kind of weakness but something that helps you work up some things and that makes you feel better.

pulcherrima
2 weeks ago

@edmontonalberta – sorry, there was an A missing >.<

thank you for asking 🙂
It’s a pretty good question that I don’t even know the full answer myself.
If I have questions about the “medical facts” I usually look up studies about it and read and forge my opinion about it.
But I didn’t really realise or kind of accepted, that I sometimes needed to talk to people, those I don’t need to try to describe my symptoms or feelings, because they KNOW just how it is like to live with MS. Think that was due to I’m a person who rather tends to manage things on her own. I often just bottled it up and acted like “oh hey, I’m so fine, everything is great” because I didn’t want my friends and family to worry about me.
Also I would be glad about if I could help someone dealing with new diagnoses or insecurities – the ones who (earlier than me) realised that talking to other MSers is not a kind of weakness but something that helps you work up some things and that makes you feel better.

edmontonalberta
2 weeks ago

@pulcherrima

Bingo! I could have written what you did. That is exactly how I feel…

And yes, this site is great with facts. Since I am logical, that helps me process things… Reading others MS posts also helps my mind figure things out.

potter
2 weeks ago

Welcome to the forum, I am one of the old timers but MSers of all ages belong and post here. You can just rant and rave here and we might just join you. It is good to get the stress relief from MS that you need. Potter

pulcherrima
2 weeks ago

@edmontonalberta
i’s great feeling not to be alone!

@potter
thank you for the Welcome, too 🙂

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.