Last reply 1 month ago
Hello everyone

Hello to all you lovely people. I used to recieve dla higher rate mobility and care and i a friend of mine suggested i should apply for P.I.P and helped me with filling out the form as well. I went for assessment in end of feb beginning of march i think and the P.I.P got refused cause the assessor wrote a silly report about me and thought i looked perfectly fine so my dla got stoppex on 10th af Aprill. I have been getting help from citizens advice ever since cause i applealed against the idiots decision and my manditory appeal got refused to and now am waiting for the tribunal. I wanted to ask if this has happened to anybody on here as well and what are the chances of my P.I.P being accepted? I am really worried 😢

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

@bubbly85 , we’ve all been subjected to a “witch-hunt”, as all DLA claimants have/will be reassessed for PIP.

The eligibility criteria for PIP are more stringent than the criteria for PIP. But, even that does not account for the near daily tales of assessment nightmares of “misinterpretations”!

You are definitely not alone, which is why the Appeal process is now so long-winded. You’re on the end of a long queue!

Check out the Benefits & Work website for additional advice, https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/ .

Good luck. You are definitely not alone.

guinness
1 month ago

@ bubbly85 Appeal, but get ready for a stormy ride.

peterfrancis
1 month ago

@bubbly85

It goes without saying that your PIP claim/assessment not being accepted sucks big time. What the hell is it those Assessor clowns want, Blood?.

It really winds me up hearing/reading failed claim stories like yours, being assessed or should I say judged by someone who a few months before working as a so called medical professional was most likely working in a call center.

Anyway, best of luck with your Tribunal, hope all works out well for you.

grandma
1 month ago

I’m 8 months into a wait for a tribunal to try and get my mobility car back, It was taken away in early Feb after 19 years. I got in touch the other day as I was told it would be 6-8 months, and time is up, they said possibly the start of the new year. Once the snow arrives I can’t even go to the shop for a pint of milk and a loaf? They did take all my D l A away, but it was returned on appeal within 6 weeks with all past paid back, but we’ve all seen the Panorama secret filming, so it really depends on where you live, and whether Capita are doing your assessment. Be very careful what you say. They are paid bonuses for knocking people off the system, and have quotas which they are not allowed to exceed. The whole changeover is a joke and is costing the government millions, so you will eventually get a hearing but don’t hold your breathe! 😍

PS Typos corrected to aid readability – Admin (Stumbler)

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.