Last reply 2 months ago
Hello everybody x

Hello to all you lovely people. After a year or so i had my P.I.P tribunal last thursday and as soon as they saw me they gave me the thumbs up! I’m relieved that i have got that over and done with but i don’t understand why i will propbally be assesed again in some years time? It’s not like my ms is going to go away or get better, if amything it’ll progress in time right? I really don’t underatand why dwp/P.I.P don’t believe people with ms! It’s been well over a year now I’ve been really busy nonsense appointments to prove that i am not lying about my disability and its mentally exhausted me. Why don’t P.I.P/dwp believe people that are diagnosed with ms?๐Ÿ˜ฐ

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the โ€˜xโ€™.

grandma
2 months ago

[email protected] I’m so glad it went ok. I, like you am at a loss to understand why they need to re-assess us in the future. We may ‘platuea with our ms, but it never gets better, I’ve already asked if the DWP know something we don’t?๐ŸฅŠ๐Ÿ˜œ

stumbler
2 months ago

@bubbly85 , just accept that it’s a divisive process, designed to persuade you to give up.

Well done for lasting the course. ๐Ÿ˜‰

dramaqueen
2 months ago

Hello bubbly 85 back in 1990 my DLA was awarded for life. Now after PIP they awarded for 3 yrs but i complained as i have 2ndry progressive ms and am not at all likely to improve they extended the benefit to 10yrs. What a stupid system putting people all through this stressful process to evaluate what you cannot do.Shame on the Government some illnesses should be excluded from renewing this benefit we should automatically be awarded this. Regards sandra.

bubbly85
2 months ago

Hello all. Thank you for all the messages x
And i really don’t understand how stupid dwp could be! I mean all professional people know what ms is and that there’s no cure for it. X

grandma
2 months ago

Like @dramaqueen I was awarded full DLA for life in the early 90’s have had to go through the wringer to get my nearly full PIP, had my car taken away after 19 years, I have a through lift to get upstairs, a huge ramp to get in my house, an electric wheelchair and no carer, aren’t our government wonderful. Bit of a clue with adaptions to help me stay in my own home, why don’t the DWP talk to our councils who do the necessary adaptions. I don’t walk at all any more but apparently I am ‘insuficciently disabled’ to warrant my disability car, work that one out๐Ÿ‘น I have been without transport for over a year, have cost the NHS thousands of ยฃ in ambulance journeys, used to take myself to hospital, both to see the ms nurse and to visit the oncology department and contribute by paying the car park fees ( not free even for disabled in Stoke, though they do give us an extra hour for free, gee whiz) still waiting for my court date at the magistrates court to try and get my car back. Been waiting for over a year, but here in Stoke they like to send you a court date the day after you die. Good money saving tactics๐ŸฅŠ๐Ÿ˜ซ

bubbly85
2 months ago

@grandma i can totally relate with you ๐Ÿ˜ž a fortnight after my 17th b’day i was diagnosed and wasn’t able ti complete my education after that cause i was an inpatient in hospital ever other month. I’ve lost all my confidencei used to have a blue badge and that was taken me. Life sucks! I know so many fraudsters who are perfectly fine and are on P.I.P! How on earth do they get away with? When i went for the tribunal on thursday i was deadly nervous even the judge said to me to take deep breaths. They were ever so lovely and understanding but didn’t ask me any questions? As soon as my local councillor wheeled me into the room in my wheelchair they looked at me and the state i was in and gave me the thumbs up x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.