poptart1977 13/05/15
Last reply 2 years ago
Heating up

The warmer weather I’ve been dreading seems to have arrived. I used to like the occasional warm summers the UK experiences now and then but now I dread them.
I suffer from overheating/flushing for no reason whatsoever. Not too badly or all the time but enough for me to carry a fan with me all seasons or sit in the house in winter in a vest and shorts, heating off and my poor boyfriend with 10 layers on under a blanket and still cold! I can be sitting just earing cereal or at my desk quite still and be dripping. Just by doing nothing! So actually, thinking about it, yeah maybe I do suffer a bit badly…
Now the warmer weather is here I’m becoming more and more self conscious and am starting to not want to leave the house. When I’m heating up I sweat and it ain’t pretty! It also doesn’t help I’ve put on 2st since being diagnosed (I’m a comfort eater) so I’m stressing that now I’m just going to look like a fat bird who can’t deal with the heat even if it’s only mild out!
I don’t know where I was going with this. My mind track has completely gone but at least it’s out there and shared.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

2 years ago

I feel your pain, @poptart1977 . I must admit, I don’t have the embarrassments that you seem to have. But if I’m out in the sun too long, then my energy levels disintegrate and my legs gain a couple of tons in weight. When I say “too long”, this can be as little as 15 minutes!

It happened in the sun yesterday! 😕

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.