Last reply 1 year ago
Heat sensitivity; aircon recommendations

Hi shifters,
Haven’t been reading posts since my RRMS diagnosis in 2014 (optical neurotis and tingly in arm / leg when exercising) – it was incredibly helpful at that early time 🙂

At the moment I’m experiencing tingly in a new area, no doubt brought on by the insane furnace-like weather in Sydney’s summer, so I’m looking for portable aircon recommendations (quiet and functional). I’ve just moved house and the new place does not have aircon. I’m ok at work, because my office has aircon. Has to be portable because I’m renting. I bought one on the weekend, but it is ridiculously loud.

Are there any Aussie shifters out there who can share their recommendations?
Cheers,
ms. MS

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

cameron
1 year ago

I’m not Aussie but just to post my (sad) experience with aircon. Like you I wanted a portable one but it turned out a complete waste of money. Hopefully there are better ones now, but this was as big as a small fridge, made lots of noise and made very little difference to the temperature.

stumbler
1 year ago

Hi @msmsaustralia and welcome.

We have quite a few Australian members.

Over 100 to date have joined a group, “Australian’s with MS”, so consider joining this Group which you will find here:-

Groups

Hopefully, you’ll be able to get some “local” knowledge there.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.