Last reply 3 weeks ago
Heat disturbing sleep

I am waking up around 4 hours after I go to sleep, very hot and often with itchy skin. It then takes me up to 3 hours to get back to sleep. I am waking up intermittently before this also and think it may be due to the heat. I have altered my bed to be more breathable but it has not helped much. I am on Tecfidera which I know causes heat & flushing but even when I come off it for a few days I still get the heat intolerance at night. Usually the 1st half of the night not the latter. Has anyone experienced this and if so is there anything they helped.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 weeks ago

@joshd , here’s the MS Trust’s take on sleep :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/life-ms/wellbeing/sleep

There might be something there to help you.

ianc
3 weeks ago

Hi @joshd, I suffered a lot with heat problems whilst trying to sleep, we had aircon fitted in the bedroom not cheap but it had a real positive impact.

nutshell88
3 weeks ago

I feel it a bit in my legs.
Have you tried changing bed. I think habitat is a real good one
Maybe if you fall deep in sleep in a comfortable bed these feeling would ease

grandma
3 weeks ago

@joshd It must be awful at this time of year when we are all snuggling down cos of the weather. My ex other half and I ended up sleeping in separate bedrooms cos he was my carer for 20 years and it’s no good if your carer hasn’t had a decent night’s sleep cos they’re partner snores (badly) and kicks them on a regular basis through spasm! One thing we discovered as I’m better in the morning I used to go bedroom visiting in the morning, work the rest out for yourself. My point is, there’s a way round almost anything, the A/C might be an idea, open windows ( if you don’t live on a main road or don’t sleep at the front, cool pads, try anything🥊😍

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.