Last reply 3 years ago
Heartbroken and devastated

I lost my 40 year old baby brother today.

His liver and kidneys stopped working and in less than 24 hours he went from manflu ill to dead.

I was with him at the hospital when he died, gloves, gown, mask antibacterial gel applied to every piece of skin every 15 minutes. The hospital wanted me out when they found out about Lemtrada last week …. MY RISK TO TAKE

Either I’ve fucked myself royally (then you know to be more careful) or the precautions will help people having / planning / recovering from the treatment.

Either way hope it’s usefulness and remember MS is a shitty shitty illness but it won’t kill you !!!!!

Love hugs and buckets of tears xxx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

katfight
3 years ago

@tracyd sorry to hear of your loss. Sending hugs xx

stumbler
3 years ago

@tracyd , I am so sorry to read this. 40 is just no age whatsoever.

Also sending hugs (sterile hugs, that is)

hollylb10
3 years ago

So sorry to hear your sad news! I would have taken the risk too! Thinking of you x

lina
3 years ago

Sorry to hear your news @tracyd very young I would’ve done the same

Lots of love

Lina

graham100
3 years ago

Know how your feeling my brother was 35, we was at his wedding, said i do kissed the bride. Died 20mins later. Not a happy day. 20yrs ago now. It gets easier with time. Sorry for your lose.

min
3 years ago

@tracyd
That is devastating, I am so sorry for you and your family.
Can’t think of anything helpful to say but sending you kind thoughts and strength to somehow cope with your distress.xx

Anonymous
3 years ago

Tracy,everyone on here is with you in thought! God bless you .

zulfihan
3 years ago

sooooooooooooo sorryyy to hear that ………..whyy whyy l am being very ..can not accept it

brokendancer
3 years ago

Aww @tracyd my little sis is 40, I cannot even begin to imagine how you feel, I’m getting teary just thinking about it and what to say – heart-breaking.
Sending you positive thoughts and please remember the good times
*hugs*
Sonia xx

Anonymous
3 years ago

So sorry Tracy. I hope you have lots of people around you right now x

tabbycat
3 years ago

Big hugs.

hannah015
3 years ago

@tracyd I’m so sorry to hear of your loss Hun that’s so awful, I’m sure it meant a lot that you were there with him till the end. Lots of love Hun xxx

sarahm
3 years ago

So sorry to hear this tragic news xxxxx

joojoo
3 years ago

So sorry to read such sadness.
You sound like a fab sister.

rose99
3 years ago

Very sad news,my thoughts are with you and your family. Take care of yourself xxxxx

bubblesgalore
3 years ago

Big ouch. I can understand that feeling. Rip. Hugs to you all xx

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.