Last reply 4 months ago
Health insurance

Hi there, just need some advice about health insurance….I’m going to fance next week camping and I’ve suddenly thought I haven’t got any health insurance! I have rrms and currently taking rebif.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Stako

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

wjgregg
4 months ago

[email protected],

Insurance is an absolute must. We all should have it, but hope we never have to use it. I use “All Clear”, the one with the “blue tick”. I’ve never had to use them in an emergency, but they have be fine to deal with. Just remember to give full disclosure of your M.S. when you make the application. Also, while we are lucky enough to be in the E.U. for the next few months you will be covered by the N.H.S. reciprocal arrangements (yet another thing that will disappear over the coming months. Mind you, that will pale into insignificance when we can’t get our medication come Brexit… ).

Please forgive my little rant, and enjoy your holiday

Best wishes,

Jon

stumbler
4 months ago

@stacko , here’s a link to the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) as mentioned above for the reciprocal arrangements :-

https://www.gov.uk/european-health-insurance-card

You can also find useful information by searching through previous posts. Use the Forum Search function (magnifying glass, top left) and search for “Travel Insurance”

stacko
4 months ago

Brilliant, thank you for your advice 😃

dan_saunders
4 months ago

I used to have travel insurance thrown in with my bank account, but was invalid after getting ms. Had to get separate cover for a weeks travel to Australia and was about £20.

lightning87
4 months ago

I took out travel insurance for going to Turkey next month. I had booked the travel insurance through the holiday site but just had to call the insurance after to tell them about a pre existing medical condition. I was an extra £5 so it was only £15 for the trip in total.

birdboy
4 months ago

I’ve just bought annual insurance for me and my wife, covering trips throughout the world. It cost ~£65, even though I have RRMS. Which I thought was pretty reasonable. 😁

stumbler
4 months ago

@birdboy , well, don’t keep the insurer a secret! 😉

stacko
4 months ago

Haha, yeah that would be helpful 😀 thanks guys x

birdboy
4 months ago

Apologies for not posting this previously. We got our annual insurance policy from:
yourtravelcover.com

look
4 months ago

My husband added on ms specific travel insurance for me onto our existing policy tied in with our RBS account. Think it cost maybe an extra £30?

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.