Last reply 4 weeks ago
Head clogging

Do any of you constantly feel like your head is clogged up. Like I can’t think of the last time my head was clear and I felt on point. My shoulders are constantly tight and I grind my teeth all the time. Does anyone else feel like this?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

sarahwestwood
4 weeks ago

Hi Suzie, I’m pretty new to ms and this group, but my dentist has told me I’ve been grinding my teeth a lot the last 12 months, and always feel like my head is full of crap, especially at quiet times like bed time! I’ve started wearing a gum shield to bed to try and reduce the damage my grinding had caused! Not sure if it’s from the actual ms or a symptom of the stress! I have started swimming every day which is def helping with the mind clog but not the grinding!!!! Thinking Pilates might help? X x

suzie10
4 weeks ago

Thanks, yes I’ll book in with the dentist, I find myself doing it even when I’m awake then once I realise I’m doing it I’ll make myself stop. I think I am stressed at the min to be honest. Waiting my MRI results back which always gets me nervous.
How you finding it all? That will be 3 years diagnosed for me in March. Xx

stumbler
4 weeks ago

@suzie10 , could this be a case of tension? We do tend to hunch our shoulders and grind our teeth when we’re tense…………..

suzie10
4 weeks ago

Yeah I feel tense all the time. I try getting massages but nothing seems to work. It’s like I sit with my shoulders up all tensed and then I realise I’m doing it. Do you think it’s related to MS? Is there anything you guys do to help release tension? Xx

stumbler
4 weeks ago

@suzie10 , I’m not sure whether there’s anything in this article which may help :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/relaxation

jonas1272
4 weeks ago

My head feels clogged all the time lol, little things that should be easy or come natural i have to think about a bit, its all part of it and learning to manage a bit more, i still get tense and anxious but i try to not stress about things and just take it as it comes its not easy but im hoping the more i try to stop worrying about things it will get a little easier ??
Im also retraining myself to make sure everything is covered ( bills etc day to day stuff ) so theres nothing to stress about, not as easy as it sounds but it is helping a bit 🙂

suzie10
4 weeks ago

Thanks stumbler
Yeah jonas, it’s like I’m constantly overthinking everything where as before I wouldn’t even think about it. I’d just love to wake up and have a clear head. I th Bk I need to do more relaxation things and get myself back on track.
Yes I feel much better when i know everything is sorted and I am chill. I wasn’t like this when I was first diagnosed, it’s like I’m getting worse as I go on lol not ideal

jonas1272
4 weeks ago

I hear you and know the feeling well ! I think its a lot to do with acceptance as well and just accepting how it is and adapting, no easy feat i know but its something im trying to learn and being the stubborn person i am i will beat it lol

nutshell88
4 weeks ago

I occasionally grind my teeth with no reason :/ my sis says i can not to do it and i know i csn but at some momrnts i just do
Unrelated to any head sensaion except a vessel i have since birth they said it links gum and skull or between them not sure my gum even clicks because of that

manchesterms
4 weeks ago

Have a look onto yoga… the class i do is actually for stress& anxiety. If you can get into proper breathwork, posture and focusing your mind away from constsnt thoughts it is priceless!!!! Takes time& practice but it pays off.
Try to be in the present,enjoy now xx

jonas1272
4 weeks ago

I used to do Tai Chi so i think im gonna try and start that back up but may also look into yoga as well as i have heard really good things about it 🙂

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.