Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

highlander
5 days ago

@maise05
Hi and welcome to the club.
Having had a quick look on Google I’ve got a little idea of what it is.
Would you mind if I ask what they expect it to do for you?
I’m curious to know.
Feel free to ask any thing we’ll find an answer eventually.
Welcome again

dominics
5 days ago

@maise05 – sounds interesting. NHS or private? FDid you self refer or did your neuro/team suggest it?

Thanks.

nutshell88
5 days ago

Nice and very interesting indeed 😀

I hope its available hetr in Saudi Arabia
And also it wouldnt over rush our bruised nerves

dominics
5 days ago

@highlander – this paper, published in 2018 by a Greek team is more of an explanation of what and why – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5822759/

Non-pharmacological and non-invasive means that from a drug company point of view there is little if any money to fund research as they won’t be able to turn it into a revenue source. This leaves the interest groups(MS Society for example) to push and fund this.

A Dutch/German team has done only one small scale study into the actual efficacy of this for reduction in so called ‘cog-fog’ which you can read and download here: http://discovery.ucl.ac.uk/1535221/1/rTMS%20paper%20Hulst%20-%20JNNP_after_revision_2016.pdf

30 patients – 19w MS and 11 Healthy Controls – were studied so the results, at best, can indicate a direction of travel. Nonetheless, a very interesting one. I loathe the cog fog that sets in about noon, with modafinil, and 0900h without.

@maise05 – please keep us updated. Thank you.

maise05
5 days ago

They are hoping that it help with my pain as no medication has helped I’m going tomorrow for my first app so will let u all know how it goes x

highlander
5 days ago

@dominics
As usual ask and ye shall get…
Very interesting.
Thanks.
@maise05
Yes please keep us informed, hopes it goes well for you.

dominics
5 days ago

@maise05 – is this private or NHS? I’d be really interested to learn where. Thank you.

I hope it helps. Neuropathic pain can be a real bugger.

maise05
5 days ago

It’s in the nhs the pain dr has requested it as nothing else working will let u all know tomorrow after I’ve been what it was like they say it takes 3 sessions to know if it helps x

highlander
5 days ago

@maise05
Many thanks.
Good luck.
Keep smiling😃

maise05
3 days ago

Well I’ve been for first treatment today it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting time will tell if it’s going to help x have a little bit of a headache and very tired but other than that I feel ok x

nutshell88
3 days ago

Keep us updated please. x hope everything goes well.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.