orange76 13/02/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Has anyone done abseiling?

Any thoughts from anyone on this? I know this isn’t a challenge that all of us could do but just wanted to know of any experiences that people might have of it if they have done? I am thinking that it might be less of a physical strain that a 10k walk for example? But that could just be me thinking wishfully/idiotically?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@orange76 , my local MS Treatment Centre has an annual fund-raising event, abseiling down Peacehaven cliffs.

I would do it myself, but I’d never manage all the stairs to get back up again. But, it is a disabled friendly pastime.

orange76
1 year ago

Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much for that – a little encouragement is all I needed!!!

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

Bunjee jumping would be a good one too and less effort just, boing abaht for a bit and then let some other mug pull you up this is where milking ? the disabled card ? comes in ?

stumbler
1 year ago

Or even sky-diving. Been there, done that………….

Anonymous
1 year ago

Climbed for many years and a climbing instructor, do it it will be great fun and is something that is entirely achievable, best of luck

piedpiper
1 year ago

I would say do it, it is so much fun. I used to climb, and loved abseiling but got out of it after my diagnosis and didn’t know how to trust arms again, I would be interested in hearing more from brunnanburgh937 and how he manages after diagnosis.

Anonymous
1 year ago

Haven’t climbed now for three years mainly the walk in to the crags were to far and roadside climbing at Cheddar gorge is polished on easy routes and couldn’t keep my feet placed. I took up white water kayaking and did that until my arms wouldn’t play… just swim and do weights now trying to keep mobile lol

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.