Last reply 1 year ago
Happy Carers

Anyone got experience of managing your own carers? Happy (or fairly paid) agency carers are rare. I only need a few hours a day and would love to have a number of Locals (London SE24) that I could ‘share’ with other MSers. We could compare notes, provide London Min Wage salary and, if enough of us join up, we could offer a sensible number of hours to good carers. Could be win-win? Fellow MSers, let’s give it a go.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

reddivine
3 years ago

Yes i have done both. Started using an agency, i too am only allowed a set numbers of hours per week. It IS crappy pay for the work. But this seems to be UK wide and in many agencys.

I did that successfully and then trained (free course) to enable me to employ a PA. This i did for 6 mths but she left (nothing to do with job).

So am back with another agency now. Jman lives in London and he has used a PA successfully

Try this site http://www.skillsforcare.org.uk/Home.aspx
this will give you basic info on employing your own staff.

mmhhpp
1 year ago

Hi george did you manage to find a solution?
My husband travels a lot and i would need someone to pop in and check if everything is ok but i dont know where to look. Any advise?
Thanks

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.