Last reply 1 week ago
Great results from ketones

I was diagnosed RRMS in 1987 and SPMS in 2013. I had a walker, cane, accessible parking permit and a caregiver for 3 years. I was overweight and looking for options and came across ketogenic in the late summer of 2016 and after researching, decided to try it. The diet requires a lot of fat, so I ate a lot of coconut oil. My physical symptoms went away in about 6 weeks. I was gobsmacked. I no longer needed the cane, walker, parking permit or caregiver. I have been symptom free since November 2016. I am now confident enough to share my story. There are mouse studies and trials with MS patients of the ketogenic diet and coconut oil in Germany, Spain and the united states since 2016. Hope is not lost.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 week ago

@tracey_kilgour , thanks for sharing your story. 😉

melmel1
1 week ago

@tracey_kilgour Hey lovely to hear your story congrats on the weight loss, I have to shift quite a bit of weight would like to know what kind of stuff your eat I’m trying to lower carbs as I’ve knowticed makes me feel really heavy and very tired, I tried a bit of Keto this morning lol well I think it was, it was bacon eggs and avocado which normally Would be a egg and bacon butty lol. Any tips would be great xx

tracey_kilgour
1 week ago

I lost about 10 lbs. The major benefit was physical. I no longer needed a caregiver to get my legs into bed at night. I can walk a straight line. My foot drop is gone. I have energy. I posted my story on YouTube this week. I wanted to wait until enough time passed that I could say with certainty that I was better. Now is the time.

tracey_kilgour
1 week ago

I eat high saturated fat every day. Coconut oil, butter, whipping cream in my coffee. It may sound crazy, but the number of MS cases doubled since we were told that saturated fat was vilified and we stopped eating it.

melmel1
1 week ago

@tracey_kilgour very interesting because you do hear the doctors saying to lower your saturated fat x

supermum1983
1 week ago

@tracey_kilgour I love the keto diet but been on holiday so been carb central!the benefits are brilliant helps the body a lot

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.