Last reply 1 week ago
Great North Run & MS

Hello,

Is anybody running the Great North Run with MS? I thought it would be a good idea to give it a try but next time I think I will have a good chat with myself!! Does anybody have any tips on what MSers should do differently?

I hurt my ankle back in February (not even anything to do with training but by cracking my ankle!) but it’s still pretty weak. I have resigned myself to the fact that I will be walking it more than running it though.

I am hoping it’s going to be a bit cooler than what it has been lately and I am looking forward to experiencing the great atmosphere I have heard all about, as well as trying to raise some money and awareness of our little MS NORTH TYNESIDE Group.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/kathleen-hepple

Hope all is well.
Kath.x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stephz
1 week ago

Hi @munchies – my friend is running GNR & she has MS not sure if she’s in here…she started a MS running group on Facebook that’s very supportive & good for running advice https://m.facebook.com/groups/2045777989011831?tsid=0.9059644269385014&source=result

lightning87
1 week ago

I ran the GNR last year without realising I had MS! I ran it with l’hermittes and a numb hand.

It was amazing, I loved every minute of it and signed up again to do it this year. However, with my diagnosis not coming until June this year, I put off training (not that I overly trained last year) and think it’s probably best I skip it this year and sign up again for it next year once I’ve started treatment.

Good luck!! You will LOVE it. Great atmosphere and the adrenaline gets you through it. I could have ran further at the end believe it or not!

munchies
1 week ago

Hello @stephz ,

I shall have a look at that.

Thanks
Kath

munchies
1 week ago

Hello @lightning87

I am just more frustrated at myself that I had tried to train sensibly and gently.

Hopefully you’ll get back into training once you get your treatment sorted etc. You never know, maybe next year I will apply again and actually try to run it this time.

Take care and thank you.

lightning87
1 week ago

@munchies to be honest, I never ran it all. I walked most of it haha. My time was 3 hours 40 minutes I think but it was more just an achievement to make it to the end.

You’ll do just fab xx

munchies
1 week ago

@lightning87

I think that’s all I’ll care about too. Ha ha.

Thank you.xx

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.