Last reply 6 years ago
Great North Run!

My gorgeous little sister and wonderful brother-in-law-to-be are running for Shift.ms!! Here is their just giving page just in case anyone wants to donate!!! We all know how invaluable shift.ms is to helping guide and support us through the crazy work of MS!!

https://www.justgiving.com/jamesandleanne

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

zoom
6 years ago

On that point, does shift have slots for the London Marathon? With some extra cash we can make this site as amazing as the people on it 😉

gpeps
6 years ago

Brilliant work @ophelia and more so to your sis and brother in law.

@zoom – i’m working on it. Unfortunately the London Marathon works in a different way, there is no charity ballot. The charities who first applied for places years ago still get them and there is little chance for new charities. It seems a silly rule. Trying to negotiate with a more established charity to see if we can ‘borrow’ a couple of their places. I’ll keep you posted.

Definitely agree if we can bring in the funds we can do some amazing stuff on here.

ophelia
6 years ago

Thanks for donating @gpeps!! Will you be there cheering them on?! Ive been assigned beer and jelly baby duty at the finish line!!

Also I’ve just found out you can donate by texting MSMS66 plus the amount (£1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10) to 70070 also with an option to gift aid your donation!!!

gpeps
6 years ago

My pleasure. I will certainly be there. I think we have 32 runners and a space in one of the marquees at the end. Details will be sent out over the next couple of weeks.

Are you going up just for the day?

ophelia
6 years ago

I have all weekend free so going to see what Leanne and James are planning to do. Looking forward to cheering them all on!x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.