Last reply 2 weeks ago
Good news!

I met with my MS nurse today for routine bloods after starting Tecfidera. Before I started taking the meds, I joined the Future MS study and had an MRI which was 6 months since my last MRI. My MS nurse told me today that the MRI had no changes which means it is stable for now. Some good news after a rollercoaster of a year! Hopefully the meds will also cut down the relapses in future now I’ve been on them for a month 🙂

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

drummondbass
2 weeks ago

Happy to hear about your good news xD hopefully I get similar news in a few months when I have my first mri since diagnosis and start treatment. My hand has improved im almost back to normal and can do almost everything I used to, back to work on Tuesday. How has your hand been lately?

lightning87
2 weeks ago

Thank you @drummondbass glad to hear your hand has improved! Mines still has tingling/numbness but I’ve accepted the fact that’s what my hand will always be like. It has improved since it first started but I think I will always have residual damage.

All the best for your MRI, positive thoughts! Good luck for going back to work too, you’ll smash this x

drummondbass
2 weeks ago

You’re welcome! Can you still use your hand? Thanks 🙂 it still feels a bit strange but I have feeling back in my fingertips so I can use it as needed 🙂 can play games and drive again! I honestly didn’t think I would again 2 weeks ago. Thankfully my work have been great and are limiting me from doing some of the more energy consuming things and I’m pretty sure they’re going to be treating me like an eggshell for a while haha!

z900
2 weeks ago

@ lightening 87
Great news, I got the same news in August after my one year scan, it is a relief, isn’t it?

stumbler
2 weeks ago

@lightning87 , that is good news. Keep hold of that positive attitude. 😉

lightning87
2 weeks ago

Thank you everyone 😊😊 it sure is a relief, hopefully the meds will keep my brain under control for at least a wee while!

@drummondbass yeah I can use my hand as normal, just weird sensation that I have but has full function. Good to hear you are back to using yours!!! Great news 😄

cameron
2 weeks ago

…and the even better fact is that your lightened mood will in itself help to calm the MS. A virtuous circle!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.