sam-gammond 09/03/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Gilenya Elevated Liver Enzymes

Hi All, I stopped taking Gilenya about 6 months ago due to high liver enzyme counts. My counts are almost back to my baseline level so am having a follow up with the doc to see what’s next.

Last time I talked to him he was leaning towards taking Gilenya every second day. But, I’m a little skeptical. Clearly my liver doesn’t like this medicine, so is taking it every second day really going to change things?

Has anyone had high liver enzymes and found a successful way to keep taking Gilenya? I was feeling really good taking this pill and if I hadn’t taken the blood tests I would have said that I had zero side effects!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Anonymous
3 years ago

Same thing happened to me, but I did not have any better choices at the time, so went to every other day dosing which I had seen others being advised to and it worked better than anything else. Now we have the choice of Lemtrada which is the only choice that proved to not only halt progression of MS but reverse its effects on some patients. I researched it thoroughly and found some patients that took it (only requires 8 treatments for life) They had impressive recoveries and on top of that, several happened to be medical professionals at various ages and time from diagnosis, so are able to talk knowledgeably about their experience. I have been trying to get it for 2 years and finally will get it the end of this month. MS has been a long painful slog for me so I can’t wait. Check out more of the blog for lots of buzz and testimonials surrounding Lemtrada.

sam-gammond
3 years ago

Thanks for the response. I am now definitely intrigued by this Lemtrada. I have no idea why I haven’t heard of it.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.