lorag 14/03/17
Last reply 11 months ago
Getting worse!

I sometimes forget how much worse my condition is. I just get in with life. But lately I am using my scooter and wheelchair a lot more because it’s just getting too hard to walk, yesterday I didn’t have any crutches or walker or wheels, and thought I’ll just walk OMG it was bad barely moved had to get someone to help.
Now I realise I’m bad, and not getting better. Still waiting to get appointments with neuro to look at starting medication again. Have had MS for over 20 years, I’m 38yo and feel 80. On the pension work part time, I want my old life back😟

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

wibblywobbly
11 months ago

I feel for you. Standing at kitchen counter cutting up fruit feeling your legs getting weaker and weaker, shifting from one leg to the other with your back taking your weight was my afternoon yesterday. I am 55 this July and diagnosed late 2014. Already year o year I am changing. I do understand x
Regards Trev

finn15
11 months ago

Hi @lorag there’s no doubt that every day can be hard but you know what I think, being in similar situ, from what u describe, when things seem impossible, hard, I find a strength from within to carry on – overcome what ever u call it, a wheelchair is not a defeat it’s a must when it’s needed , that opens the door to an easier life…to me there’s no defeat there.
Yes I want my old life back, but that’s old now bring on New…. Perth is that Scotland or Australia???

potter
11 months ago

It’s a bummer when you realize that your going downhill. Sunday we were waiting to have tires put on our car, we decided to get breakfast at a nearby restaurant. It was about a half of block away, my husband was walking faster than me and I use to be the fast walker. I held on to his arm so I wouldn’t have to worry so much about my balance. That’s when it hit me how much worse my walking is. Potter

lorag
11 months ago

Australia finn15 , I think I need to talk to other MSrs (if that’s a word ha ha) it feels good knowing others are in same boat and have a whinge ha ha thanks guys for listening.

finn15
11 months ago

I will just Roll to Australia then ha ha!! Def good knowing and talking things through, a whinge is sometimes needed for sure…
As I say getting worse is a way of thinking, just think about whats to do….
Australia….seriously can I come!!!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.