Last reply 3 years ago
getting frustrated 😡

hi all,
i had a relapse which started last july and still havnt fully recovered! i lost the use of my legs woth physio i can now walk with the aid of crutches (not for huge distances) does this mean that im not goin to get back to the way i was becaise its been so long or does it mean that i have just progressed??? feeling lost 😢

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

hannah015
3 years ago

Hey @lisa89

Don’t lose hope, I had a relapse last year which paralysed me down left side, lasted months but I exercised daily, doing pretty much the same movements daily and gradually built up to walks, starting with across room with stick, then down road and i just got stronger from there. Now I think nothing of walking miles in high heels, you will get better I’m sure of it, just persistent exercise and don’t lose hope Hun xx

lisa89
3 years ago

thank you!! im bustin my ass evry day with exercises that physio gave me and walks there are just days when u dont feel lik ur gettin anywher my neuro started me on gilenya bak in august im startin to think its not working

stumbler
3 years ago

@lisa89 , the Gilenya won’t be helping you recover from this relapse. The drug is to help protect you in the future, by limiting the number and severity of any future relapses.

But, do as @hannah015 suggests and keep working your body. This helps the brain to remember how you should be working.

Also, allow yourself the occasional day off, so that you can reflect and build the motivation for the next day.

Good luck.

lisa89
3 years ago

thanx @stumbler im really tryin just hard to get motivated when ur not seeing the results u want….ud think id hav the hang of this after 7 yrs 😣 thats what i thought about the meds aswell but my neuro said the last day that the gilenya should really be workin now and was expectin me to be further along with my recovery

stumbler
3 years ago

@lisa89 , I’m 30 years down the line, now secondary progressive so no meds for me! Getting motivated every day can be hard.

Our motivation can disappear sometimes. Life can be a battle, with or without MS. You just have to accept the occasional day when everything becomes too much. Then, go for the duvet and the chocolate and tell yourself tomorrow will be better. 😉

lisa89
3 years ago

im usually upbeat this has just knocked me this time my
mobility has never been affected so it just frightened me a bit i guess…thank u so much for ur advice ur a very strong person 😊

loriwho
3 years ago

[email protected]
Well done for trying to stay focused and motivated, this is hard to do on your own, so remember we are here to support you every step of the way as well as your family .
Exercise is an important part of our recovery and stability I do pilates and rehab swimming, along with a few other classes here and there…. Helps to keep my core stability and allows me to stay upright. Do a little bit everyday and be aware that it takes a little longer to get to where you need to be.. Hugs to you x Lori x

brianp
3 years ago

Yes, @lisa89, I have the occasional motivational lapse for exercising too. But I remind myself how important those squats and core routines are for
my right side weakness, and get back to them. Diet and exercise are all I have, since I’m not diagnosed yet. Please don’t give up on what you CAN do for yourself.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.