Last reply 1 month ago
Gay msers

Hey everyone, my name is Paul and I’m interested in starting a page for gay msers to be able to vent about all things MS I would dearly love some feed back if you think it’s a good idea or not?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

jonas1272
1 month ago

You know what im probably gonna get slated for this however im so tired of all the segregation in this world, what makes you think that being gay and having MS is any different to anyone else ??
If you have MS then you have it, it has nothing to do with your sexual orientation or personal preferences in life surely ??
I understand your feelings but why box it off and make it about your sexual orientation ? Sorry but for me i dont like the idea and feel that we should all be able to support / advise and help one another regardless of sex / creed / religion or sexuality.
Just my thoughts and feelings.

paul_paterson
1 month ago

I may be slated also but I totally agree with you! But also I think that there should be a place you can relate to whare you or ppl that can relate on all things with sexuality. Just thought it would be a place to spk about being in a minority with MS is all!

jonas1272
1 month ago

Why are you placing yourself in a minority though ? A person with MS is a person with MS, im sure there are plenty of people on here with varied sexual preferences, if you want to share your MS problems/advice/experiences then this is the place, my thoughts are just dont make it about your sexuality as that is not relevant ?? πŸ™‚

paul_paterson
1 month ago

Yeh like i say it’s not about sexuality it’s about talking with ppl who find being gay and having ms not just feeling isolated bit letting ppl know that others understand. Is all I was saying buddy. Sorry if i offended you m8

jonas1272
1 month ago

No offence taken in any way πŸ™‚ Dont feel isolated theres a ton of support out there πŸ˜‰

fxms
1 month ago

@jonas1272 @paul_paterson I understand you both. As far as I know, MS is not related to sexual orientation in any way. However, it is true that an MS diagnosis induces you to question your entire life, your relationships, your future, your present and even your past. I am a young gay man and a year ago I broke up with whom I consider to be the love of my life (for being 9.999.999% closeted.) Emotionally speaking, that was WAY harder than listening to my neurologist say: “Your test results are consistent with multiple sclerosis”. (june 2018)

Should I contact him and tell him about my MS diagnosis? I haven’t figured out the answer yet….

Apart from that, I have nothing special to say about being gay and having MS. I don’t have enough experience in the management of this disease as to give any advice. I am a bit scared I will end up alone, but I guess that many people, gay or straight, with or without MS, feel the same way…

Maybe watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z68cvwFEiNo

Best of luck to both! πŸ™‚

gijs
1 month ago

Agreed — I don’t think it’s nescessary, we’re just guys (and gals) who have MS and happen to be gay. Nothing too queer ( πŸ˜‰ ) about it. At least MS doesn’t discriminate.

cammo
1 month ago

I am going to start a page for ginger MSers so we can talk about being in a hated minority, sunburn and having MS.

Ginger pride.

nutshell88
1 month ago

I wish there would be a page for Saudi women wearing πŸ§• like me.
This forum is the best forum ive seen because of its equality.
Your free to post anything regarding to your MS
If being gay means much to you type it on your profile.

gijs
1 month ago

@cammo

“I am going to start a page for ginger MSers so we can talk about being in a hated minority, sunburn and having MS.

Ginger pride.”

Hahahaha, I’ve almost destroyed my MacBook by spitting my coffee on it.

rivka
1 month ago

Sexuality, religion, country, language, occupation, more or less we can to pick these, with some influence of environment and family. But none of us picked MS, it in fact picked us. So while being gay with MS, religious with MS, married or not with MS, red hair with….you get my point, in the end, it’s the MS we all come to discuss here. Who else can understand what it’s like to have painful,numb, burning, aching,hot,cold feet and hands all night and wake up more exhausted then when you go to sleep?
But having said all this, yes, I can also see finding those people who are struggling with whatever ones particular issue is. Whomever suggested putting these items into our profile, it’s a good idea.

seanachai
1 month ago

I am starting an MS page for male hetros who have looked at a dildo and “wondered”….

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.