jamms 20/03/13
Last reply 5 years ago
Funny walking stick story!

I have come to the conclusion that over the years that I have been using a walking stick it has a life of its own!!! haha For those that have heard this story I apologise! I was on a family evening out celebrating a birthday. Met in a pub which had a ground and upper floor to it. I proceeded to go upsatairs as there were more seats up there.Sat down at a table nearest the stairs and as usual leant my stick where I could easily reach it. Many minutes later, one of the bouncers appeared at the top of the stairs holding something familiar and shouting ‘does this belong to anyone?’I owned up and was told it had fallen between the gaps in the stair rail and narrowly missing this poor man!My two neices collapsed in tearful laughter and needless to say so did I……. have never gone back to that pub just in case I was never let in with my offending weapon!!!but hey it is one of those memories that makes me giggle even now, so who cares if I have a stick, it keeps me amused.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
5 years ago

That’s the attitude, “Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone.”

angeshiftms
5 years ago

I have to say John, this is the only place that I have found that you don’t weep alone. But it’s a very true saying. Cheerfulness is a good medicine.

reddivine
5 years ago

Me, the stick, and lousy memory! I lost one walking stick at euston. blame trying to juggle case, stick, & turnstile at loos.
so jman had to do emergency trip to chemist to get another.
6 months later…..left one in a pub in Lancaster and didn’t realise till next morning! so we go back to the pub but, of course, different shift so no-one had a clue. Another trip to a chemist, another stick bought. Later, went back to pub, “ooo, yes, we found this on the shelf”….
So now I have 2. Useful in snow and mud however!

pottypete
5 years ago

@reddivine That reminded me of this…

A pub’s closing and a totally plastered customer struggles to get to the door, then to walk home, despite only living a few hundred yards from there. He literally crawls on the pavement all the way back home, drags himself up the stairs and eventually reaches his bed after two hours. He wakes up the next morning, and his wife tells him:
“You were really drunk last night weren’t you?”
“Yeah, why? How do you know?”
“You left your wheelchair at the pub.”

reddivine
5 years ago

Gee thanks! no I’ve never managed that. I have left my stick in shops tho, and then had to re-visit the last 3 places I’ve been.
You try looking thru a rail of clothes w.o. demolishing the display…you have to put the stick DOWN…and thats where the blah memory gets you.
But this weather: I’ll be using TWO stivks…kinda Nordic ski-ing type o thing, IF I venture forth at all!!!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.