chunes 22/05/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Funny feeling back of head

During my first (and only) relapse I had a strange feeling on / just inside the back of my head, roughly around the [what’s that nobly bit called?]. Not pain, not pleasure – I don’t know how to describe it.

I didn’t mention it at the time, but the neurologist happened to say “some people say they can feel it in the back of the head, but they can’t” or words to that effect.

Now I’m wondering. I’ve got a slight infection and am getting some tingling / lack of sensation. Fairly easy to dismiss without this head thing. So….worry mode seems to be returning.

Anyone else get this “non-existent” feeling?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@chunes , it could be L’hermittes (http://www.mstrust.org.uk/atoz/lhermitte.jsp), as this is felt at the top of the neck/back of the head.

And, if your body is dealing with a slight infection, your MS symptoms can get exaggerated. That is because our immune systems just don’t work properly. It’s called a “pseudo-exacerbation”, which suggests that it’s like an MS relapse/flare, but lasts only until the underlying infection is resolved.

chunes
3 years ago

Thanks @stumbler, quick on the keyboard as ever.

It’s not L’hermittes – I’ve had that before. I kept looking down, getting the buzzing, then doing it again for some reason !

The infection possibility is the one I’m hoping for…

The head thing may be completely unrelated – that’s why I’m curious to know if it’s just me

stumbler
3 years ago

@chunes , if it isn’t a specific ache, and more of an unusual feeling, then it could be dysaesthesia (http://www.mstrust.org.uk/atoz/dysaesthesia.jsp)

That’s the usual explanation for strange sensations, e.g the itch you cannot scratch, the burn that hasn’t been burnt, etc……

But, always bear in mind that we can be affected by other conditions too. Use your MS Nurse as a sounding board as to whether anything is or isn’t MS-related.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.