Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

mlgilber1
4 months ago

I’m the same way. I didn’t get any sleep last night and I never sleep longer than 3 to 4 hours before I wake up. I stopped the ampitriptyline because I didn’t like the way it made me feel the next morning and had to stop my ambien because of the pain meds I take, but even though it helped get me to sleep I’d still wake up 4 hours later. Best of luck!

stumbler
4 months ago

Amitriptyline is an anti-depressant, which is also used to treat neuropathy. But, it can also have a bit of a sedative effect. Hence the reason why you should take it no later than 12 hours before you intend to rise the next day.

So, increasing the Amitriptyline may be a possible answer, although you may want to try and understand the cause of your waking up………

jayjay10
4 months ago

Hey guys,

I know exactly how you feel, Mlgilber1. Amitriptyline does have those unwanted side effects which appear in the mornings, they do make sleeping a tad better but they gave me a feeling of exhaustion the next morning. I have to keep taking these though as I can’t deal with the twitches that occur from the waist down, legs and feet become so irritable that the slightest rub against the blanket makes them uncontrollable and frustrating.

Hey, Stumbler. the drug has actually worked for the depressing mood swings too, it has been beneficial for me. I found that people use it as a relaxant as well as for other conditions. I might just start to up my dose to an extra 10mg.

Best wishes,

Jay x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.