Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 month ago

@kellzxox , I can understand how frustrating this is for you.

I’m just wondering whether all of the non-MS causes have been eliminated, e.g. Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), etc ……..

kellzxox
1 month ago

@stumbler hhmmm who knows

guinness
1 month ago

@ stumbler your knowledge truly amazes me

cameron
1 month ago

Apart from the dizziness, what’s your walking like? I’m wondering if you’re in need of a neuro-physio assessment. Having your gait analysed is quite a technical business: weaknesses and imbalances in your frame are identified and you’re given exercises and strategies to improve how you move. It could be that some of the compensatory movements you’re making are worsening your balance. You likely wouldn’t get an NHS referral in these days of cuts, but I’ve recently had this done again and a half hour appointment was £35. xx

kellzxox
1 month ago

Thankyou for the information my walking isn’t great not very good balance.

peterfrancis
1 month ago

@kellzxox

I know the feeling of being permanently dizzy, not via walking just from the moment I wake up to the moment I finally get to sleep.

Annoying to say the very least.

kellzxox
1 month ago

@peterfrancis It is even going to bed and lieing down makes it worse for me

stumbler
1 month ago

@kellzxox , many moons ago, I used to get alcohol-induced vertigo, i.e. the room spinning around!

Lying down just made me horrendously sick.

I eventually resolved this conundrum by lying on my bed, with one leg out, with my foot on the floor. This tended to “stabilise my brain”!

I wonder if it would work for you……….

kellzxox
4 weeks ago

@stumbler anything is worth a try

smoke4joy
4 weeks ago

You should get more rest I guess

bas76
4 weeks ago

@kellzxox what ur describing sounds identical to what I get and have been trying to live with for the last 12 months or so, it is very frustrating. I’m in between jobs at the moment so I’m enjoying some time out at the moment but this combined with my fatigue being unpredictable and the optic neurotis is making me feel like just staying indoors. I think what @stumbler mentioned about vertigo is worth investigating, I may look into this myself just seems to be difficult to get GP or Neuro to acknowledge the problem as when I have mentioned I get light headed when I tilt my head forwards or backwards they just take blood pressure say it’s fine and dismiss it. I think there are tablets for vertigo, maybe these will resolve the issue??

cameron
4 weeks ago

An indicator of BPPV is whether dizziness comes on following a particular movement. Mine used to come on after a twisting of the head as part of a Pilates exercise. Fortunately, that was easily avoided! I was told that if it persisted, it could be treated by a physio or GP by them manipulating/moving the head to rebalance the crystals in the ear.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.