smurf69 27/04/17
Last reply 1 year ago
? Frozen rebif

I’m currently on holiday in Florida and am unsure if my Rebif has frozen. Fortunately, I’ve brought a thermometer and noticed that the temperature in the fridge had fallen to between 0-2 degrees. I’ve been adjusting the temperature of the fridge to keep it around 3-4 degrees.

I’m sure that the bubble in the cartridge used to move. Now it’s staying still. How will I know if it’s frozen? Is it dangerous to use if it’s frozen?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@smurf69 , there’s a relevant question, “Can I travel with Rebif?” here:-

http://www.rebif.com/taking-rebif/rebif-faq

If you used the travel bag for Rebif, with the reusable ice pack, I’d be tempted to use this and not the fridge. This should keep the temperature below the recommended 77ºF/25ºC.

smurf69
1 year ago

Thanks @stumbler. Wish I had just used the travel bag now. However, it’s all been in the fridge as room temp was 24 so thought was too close to upper temp to leave out. My choice now is whether to risk using it or not. Not 100% sure it has frozen but is it dangerous to use if it has. Is it safer to miss 4 doses?

stumbler
1 year ago

@smurf69 , there’s a helpline phone number on that website, 1-877-447-3243. Give them a call and ask them the question.

smurf69
1 year ago

I’ve emailed My Support so I’ll see what they say. Guessing it’ll be don’t use it. I’m annoyed though as it’s the first time I’ve travelled with it and thought I was taking every precaution including bringing a thermometer to check temps. Not sure if just travel bag would’ve been cold enough though. Stayed overnight before we travelled at a Premier Inn. Whilst the hotel refroze ice packs, the Rebif was in travel bag which got to 23 overnight. This was in the U.K. in April but these rooms to reach high temps.

smurf69
1 year ago

As I thought My Support said best not to use it. Not ideal missing 4 doses but safer than using if it might have frozen. Next query will be whether to go straight back to 44 or restart at 22 😳

stumbler
1 year ago

@smurf69 , if life were simple, it would be boring!

Now, get on and enjoy your holiday. 🙂

smurf69
1 year ago

Thanks @stumbler. That’s my plan. Try not to stress about what I’ve no control over 😎

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.