Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
11 months ago

@gristy56 , this should only occur, if the members you had friendships with left the forum. And, that sounds implausible.

I can raise it as an issue, although I’m not sure if the position is recoverable.

stumbler
11 months ago

Sorry @gristy56 , I may have read this wrong.

When you say you have lost friends, do you mean actual acquaintances? These friends may find it difficult to relate to MS. A general lack of awareness about MS causes an invisible psychological barrier that they are uncomfortable crossing. This type of friends require you to act as their crutch to support them and are an unwelcome additional burden.

True friends stick around through thick and thin.

gristy56
11 months ago

I mean there is no history of friends on screen or previous conversations. Its as though I’ve been cut off from my membership!

stumbler
11 months ago

@gristy56 , the Forum has had a major revamp recently, but this shouldn’t have amended any of your confirmed Friendships with other members.

I’m not sure I fully understand your concern. Are you able to explain it further?

gristy56
11 months ago

If I click on frienships, it says there are none!

briant
11 months ago

May you pissed them off lol

lilbird
11 months ago

@gristy56 hi 😊 just a thought are you clicking on “friends” in the top middle of the forum page? This is new since the reboot & lists public conversations involving people on your friends list. If you want to see your friends list click on the person symbol, top right corner, it should be the second option down. If none of this applies & it is a technical issue go ahead & ignore the above 😉

lilbird
11 months ago

……& if you can’t understand what I’m waffling on about maybe @stumbler will be able to translate 🤔

stumbler
11 months ago

@gristy56 , Private Message sent to you.

gristy56
1 month ago

@stumbler. I had completely given up with Shiftms because of the communication problems that had occurred. Starting afresh following a communication with Happy New Year, I say Hi to yourself. If you reply to this message, I will probably only see it if it appears in my Inbox!

For your info. I have been continuing to use the ‘Desatascador’ with much benefit. I now have very little double vision, very little shaking vision, can read more easily small print on the TV screen, have much better balance, more leg strength to stand without help from another, very little tinnitus, no numbness etc…..

These improvements never relapse, if slow in coming!

I am English but live in Spain for the last 13 years. During this time I went from ambulent to needing much help, but now I am winning and soon will be up and down the 53 stairs, some of which are more than 14 inches tall!

Simon

PS. If you want info about my self treatment please feel free to write to me at
***************@*******.**.**

**NOTE** : This is an open public forum. For the sake of your own privacy, personal information should be exchanged by Private Message – Admin (Stumbler)

stumbler
1 month ago

@gristy56 , you should receive an email notification of this update. I checked your Notification Preferences and they are all set as I would expect. The only issue is whether your email provider is diverting emails from Shift.MS into your junk bucket.

Shift.MS should be added to your approved senders list to avoid this possibility. Let me know if you need guidance on this.

Anyway, I’m glad you’ve given Shift.MS another chance.

Your “Desatascador” sounds very interesting, although my translation makes interesting reading. Is there a reason why you cannot share it with the Forum? If there is, please let me know about it by Private Message. Thanks.

dramaqueen
1 month ago

I’LLhave to check out about private messaging and friends list but i am interested to hear about Desatacador please. We have n othing for progressive ms in uk.

gristy56
1 month ago

dramaqueen

I have previously attempted to send information to Shiftms but there has been nil response. There are now 4 documents relating to this, one of which is a diagram produced using microsoft Office. It is a simple but crucial single A4 page but previous attempts to post this to Thisisms for example have failed and so personal email has been used in it’s place. Please discuss with @stumbler if this remains a problem.
Thanks.

stumbler
1 month ago

@gristy56 , I’m sorry that you feel let down by Shift HQ.

If you have some digital media that be useful if shared to the Shift community, then you can email it to me (stumbler(at)shift.ms) and I’ll see if I can get it progressed for you.

@dramaqueen , Private Messaging is a simple routine, accessed via a member’s Profile Page. This can be accessed by selecting their image or their username, when it’s highlighted.

There are two options, “Add Friend” and “Private Message” towards the top of the page.

“Add Friend” is a pre-requisite to enabling Private Messaging between the two of you. A Friend Request needs to be sent and accepted.

Private Messaging is a simple text service between members.

dramaqueen
1 month ago

I’m stumbling around thje sight and am requesting friends now. About the medication?

stumbler
1 month ago

@dramaqueen , you don’t need to be friends. Especially to talk about medications.

Just create a new post, as you have about your face sores. 😉

Any other problems, drop me a Private Message. I’ve sent you a Friend Request, to open up this communication route.

gristy56
1 month ago

I will try to email to you. Let me know if it doesn’t work!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.