Last reply 3 months ago
Free. Free at last ;)

2nd half of the 1st full Ocrelizumab dose today. Having been on either injections or oral meds for the last god knows how many years I heard something amazing from my nurse.

As a creature of habit I idly asked how frequently the required blood tests happened. The reply was, ‘oh nothing for 5 months” I nearly fell over with the shock.

This means I am have complete freedom from of movement for this time. The sense of liberation is hard to comprehend. If I want to do something abroad – say working – I am no longer tied over blood tests, prescription repeats, carting the appropriate meds around, setting endless alarms to remind me to take them and so on.

From a straight quality of life standpoint, this is a-mazing for me. If you’ve ever been tied to the hospital and the UK you’ll get it.

Free healthcare. What’s not to like?

*Skips into the distance whistling an inane tune…*

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 months ago

@dominics , so, the first day of the rest of your life! Yippee! 😊

grandma
4 months ago

I like the inane tune, will whistle while you work from Disneys Snow White do?

stumbler
4 months ago

Or is it, “I owe, I owe, so off to work I go……….”?

jreberg74gmail
4 months ago

@dominics, that is wonderful news!!

cosine
3 months ago

@ Dominics

So where will you go!

dominics
3 months ago

@cosine Wherever I please 😉

Seriously though, about a year ago when I was doing my MSc in Sheffield I met a senior bod from the UN who had come to talk to us.

He was encouraging me to join them. It was out of the question though as I couldn’t just up sticks and move overseas. V. frustrating.

Now, I am toying with the idea of a few years, head down, going to the middle East. Good money but not where I want to live long term. Still concerned about the heat though.

The fact I can consider it is great. Just pop back to the UK every 6 months for an infusion! Easy peasy.

Still early days, so want to see how I am in a few months
Best,

Dominic

cosine
3 months ago

@dominics

Sounds exciting! What’s your MSc in?

Maybe go over for a holiday and see how it is.

With regards to the heat you just have to drink loads of water and get in the AC areas when you can.

Where exactly are you thinking?

grandma
3 months ago

@dominics If you do decide to go there shouldn’t be a major problem as 90—% is air conditioned and you will be inside for 90 % of the time, and lets face it you won’t be going out in the midday sun, WILL YOU?😜😍

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.